It may be junk, but its my first ring.

Pheasant Hunter

Greenie
Jul 29, 2007
Warren, Pa
It may be junk, but it's my first ring.

Decided to hit a spot this evening, where I'd never been before. After digging a couple of twist-off beer caps and a .35 Remington brass case, I wasn't having ANY hits for about 20 minutes. Scratching my head, I thought, "This site couldn't possibly be THAT clean!" So, I spied a piece of tin and ran my coil over it... nothing! I switched into "all metal" mode, and... NOTHING!!! A quick check revealed that my coil cable plug had started to pull loose. I quickly fixed the problem and made a fast 50-yard sweep, as darkness was closing in, when I hit a signal in disc. mode. I moved the surface layer of leaves and grabbed a handful of loose dirt to run over the coil. I had it, but what was it? Looked like I had 3 small rocks in my hand. I dropped one and checked the coil again. Still there. Looked at the 2 rocks and saw a shiny spot on the edge of one. Getting pretty dark at this point. Worked it in my hand to get some dirt off and realized that it was a small ring. I was psyched at the thought of it possibly being silver. Well I headed home and let the wife clean it up, and it turned out to be a cheapie with a "D" engraved on the face. Oh well, the shot of adrenaline was worth it.

Attachments

• rings 011.jpg
    rings 011.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0
Re: It may be junk, but it's my first ring.

Cheap or not..you will always remember that one..More will come..the curse has been lifted..lol HH

You bet! They will come pouring in now that you've found one. I found my 59th and 60th yesterday...almost all of them junk only 5 gold and 1 silver. I'm running out of room in the treasure box. Keep em coming! ;D

Prober said:
You bet! They will come pouring in now that you've found one. I found my 59th and 60th yesterday...almost all of them junk only 5 gold and 1 silver. I'm running out of room in the treasure box. Keep em coming! ;D
I thought I was the only one with a "Treasure Box"..lol Every time my son comes home from college, he has to take a peek in it..to see if anything new has been added.

Its a nice ring, you will always cherish that ring. Continued good luck

You'll always remember your first ring. May there be many more in your future!

Rings are always nice to find. Even the cheapies, and then next thing, you get a good one...

Welcome to the Tnet forum Pheasant Hunter. Congratulations on that first ring. I agree with many others a first is a first not matter what the quality or what it is it will always be a great thing to remember the first.

Rrv

Ive dug most of my rings at night and I never really know til I get home what I have found. They are almost always junk but its almost like having a lottery ticket for the time you are hunting til you get home,HH...Shoot

Everyones right,
Its going to be the feeling when u found the ring that ull remember and have the ring to back it up! Rings are my favorite, no matter real or not they still make a memory. You can always remember the time place what was going on who was there, how u hunted everything is like a hightened sense! Its crazy fun! Welcome to the forum man and may u be blessed with many more rings!!

CRACKBADGER

Guess what!...My first ring ever..last week with my Ace..is exactly the same ring. I just took a look at it again..its EXACTLY the same as yours. Found about 6 inches down in a Pasadena Ca park.

Congrads on your first ring.
You will remember that day and find for ever!

Keep digging!

Pentico

nice find, im still waiting to find my first ring

Good find on yur first ring. I can't wait til I find my first ring. ;)

Pheasant Hunter said:
Decided to hit a spot this evening, where I'd never been before. After digging a couple of twist-off beer caps and a .35 Remington brass case, I wasn't having ANY hits for about 20 minutes. Scratching my head, I thought, "This site couldn't possibly be THAT clean!" So, I spied a piece of tin and ran my coil over it... nothing! I switched into "all metal" mode, and... NOTHING!!! A quick check revealed that my coil cable plug had started to pull loose. I quickly fixed the problem and made a fast 50-yard sweep, as darkness was closing in, when I hit a signal in disc. mode. I moved the surface layer of leaves and grabbed a handful of loose dirt to run over the coil. I had it, but what was it? Looked like I had 3 small rocks in my hand. I dropped one and checked the coil again. Still there. Looked at the 2 rocks and saw a shiny spot on the edge of one. Getting pretty dark at this point. Worked it in my hand to get some dirt off and realized that it was a small ring. I was psyched at the thought of it possibly being silver. Well I headed home and let the wife clean it up, and it turned out to be a cheapie with a "D" engraved on the face. Oh well, the shot of adrenaline was worth it.

Great story, love the bit about the wife. I wouldn't let my better half anywhere near my stuff until cleaned. I guess you see it as washing-up, clearly a women's job :D ::) (said sarcastically)

Keep hunting & the silver one will follow :)

It's an excellent ring bud! Now that you've broken the barrier, rings will start poppin' out everywhere....

Keep diggin'...

The first ring is always worth its weight in gold...even when it isn't. Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back