Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Most of my friends on T-net are no longer here . . . but a few are still around.

It has been an unusual year for my CRH. My finds are way down as compared to last year. Perhaps because I only haul in 7 boxes of halves per week as compared to 10-12 in 2011. Nevertheless, I did cull enough to make it worth my while, but it was nothing like it was 2-3 years ago. I do continue, however, as this is a hobby that I share with my husband. There is nothing like popping the top of a Modelo with extra limes on our back porch with several boxes of halve to go thru on Saturday nights.

I wish everyone a happing silver hunting season in 2013. May every teacher or principal on the net have an extra day of rest--as we, and others, certainly need it.

P.S. My daughter graduates tomorrow with her nursing degree. Yep, CRH did pay for the tutition--and her wedding! :) At least when I get old (or older), I wil have someone to take care of me. Smile.

apush

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks!

I'd love to have had a day off today, but of course, 10 inches of snow isn't enough to cancel school here! My students were happy to be there, of course.

I remember you posting early on, I'm sad a lot of the great members are less active.

Hi Enamel7,
Glad to see your post.
apush

A great man once said, having a girl is better than having a boy, because when you get old the girl will be the one who will take care of you.. Lol.. I think there is a lot of truth to that.. Boys tend not to be as sensitive and caring as girls..

Hello apush, thanks for the recap!

Hello all,
Most of my friends on T-net are no longer here . . . but a few are still around.

It has been an unusual year for my CRH. My finds are way down as compared to last year. Perhaps because I only haul in 7 boxes of halves per week as compared to 10-12 in 2011. Nevertheless, I did cull enough to make it worth my while, but it was nothing like it was 2-3 years ago. I do continue, however, as this is a hobby that I share with my husband. There is nothing like popping the top of a Modelo with extra limes on our back porch with several boxes of halve to go thru on Saturday nights.

I wish everyone a happing silver hunting season in 2013. May every teacher or principal on the net have an extra day of rest--as we, and others, certainly need it.

P.S. My daughter graduates tomorrow with her nursing degree. Yep, CRH did pay for the tutition--and her wedding! :) At least when I get old (or older), I wil have someone to take care of me. Smile.

apush

Apush,

hopefully you will find that a few of us have the spirit of the older posters, if not their years under their belt.

That is an amazing accomplishment! I'm referring to the fact that you financed your daughters nursing degree and her wedding (basically her mature life) with CRH. simply amazing. a fantastic use of proceeds.

you say your finds are down, but also that your boxes searched are down. What about your silver finds divided by your boxes searched? I'm trying to figure out if finds have actually been decreasing over time. Secondly, if so, it would be worthwhile to multiply silver finds per box by silver value. in this sense, maybe the $$$ in silver found per box have remained constant. This is why we need you guys posting, newer folks to the hobby can't provide insight on this.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back