Is this trash or treasure?

Hdubya

Mar 31, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today about 6-7 inches down and i'm pretty sure it's brass. Any ideas of what it could be? securedownload.jpgsecuredownload (2).jpgsecuredownload (1).jpg

Well, let's see what I get from your picture. You are a white married male that most likely has an office job. You prefer white gold to yellow gold. You have at least 5 cents and a piece of dirty metal that you insist on hiding one part in each picture. Next time , use the coin for size and lay it on a flat surface and shoot it from 3 different angles.
A bit of whit, but take it constructively. Note, brass turns green and it could be almost anything. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Upvote 0
check your glasses, Franken, that's the hand of a Lady.

You are right. I didn't check the profile. No nail polish and the ring looked heavy like a mans. Hay what was your guess? Frank

thumb up 700 invert red.jpg

Upvote 0
You may have to do some cleaning to see if there are any markings to go by. Where was it found? Park? School? Home site?

Upvote 0
Hdubya, you just recently started this hobby and you're using a CTX? That's pretty good...

No idea what the metal thingy is, sorry

Upvote 0
Lady's hands Frankn but I agree with the other part of your reply that part of the object is hidden in each picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I've never been attacked on here before. Where do I start. I'm a woman, NOT a man, I do have nail polish on, if you read my profile that's the detector I have, this was found in my back yard, I will post new pictures, I do not work in an office, anything else?

Upvote 0
Depth doesn't mean old. I found a 1914-1934 shot gun shell 2 inches deep and then I have found modern clad 5 inches deep. It depends on the ground type around you. Pieces like that I just throw into a scrap trash pile I have.

Upvote 0
Damiani- I know the depth means nothing, I was just simply noting that I found it at 6-7 inches. I myself found an immaculate 1834 bust capped dime at 2 inches.

image-504764049.jpg

Upvote 0
HW, don't let these guys rile you up. They just probably haven't had their coffee yet. By the way, that is a beautiful capped bust!

Upvote 0
HW, don't let these guys rile you up. They just probably haven't had their coffee yet. By the way, that is a beautiful capped bust!

Im sure you are trying to help thrillathahunt but Im not sure who you are referring to as "these guys." Its obviously a ladies hand with polish and I said that and so did Gold Maven.. Cudamark and WIT said nothing wrong either. Damianis reply is not really bad either.

I cant apologize for Frankn but he made a mistake. A bad one and hopefully he will apologize.

Myself, I always try to help members with their photography. It appeared as if part of the item was hidden under your fingers. I hope you get it solved, Hdubya. All I can add is the obvious that it appears broken and has what looks like the remains of a ferrous screw or rivet. With the new pics, we can now see that its broken on both ends, which will make it hard to ID.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I've never been attacked on here before. Where do I start. I'm a woman, NOT a man, I do have nail polish on, if you read my profile that's the detector I have, this was found in my back yard, I will post new pictures, I do not work in an office, anything else?
WITs reply was a compliment about your detector.

Upvote 0
Im sure you are trying to help thrillathahunt but Im not sure who you are referring to as "these guys." Its obviously a ladies hand with polish and I said that and so did Gold Maven.. Cudamark and WIT said nothing wrong either. Damianis reply is not really bad either.

I cant apologize for Frankn but he made a mistake. A bad one and hopefully he will apologize.

Myself, I always try to help members with their photography. It appeared as if part of the item was hidden under your fingers. I hope you get it solved, Hdubya. All I can add is the obvious that it appears broken and has what looks like the remains of a ferrous screw or rivet. With the new pics, we can now see that its broken on both ends, which will make it hard to ID.

BigCy, I was merely trying to come to the aid of a damsel in distress, nothing more implied. I have been married for 27 years ....guess I have been trained very well.

Upvote 0
Okay people- it's not that big of a deal, come on now. Thril, thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Upvote 0
BigCy, I was merely trying to come to the aid of a damsel in distress, nothing more implied. I have been married for 27 years ....guess I have been trained very well.
I understand. It was a nice thing to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Damiani- I know the depth means nothing, I was just simply noting that I found it at 6-7 inches. I myself found an immaculate 1834 bust capped dime at 2 inches.

View attachment 825048
Nice! Assuming the reverse is just as nice, that at least a $200 dime. I'd be back hunting that site and to heck with the copper strap!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back