Is this silver?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first piece of jewelry this morning with my ATP. Curious to know if this is silver and what the approx value would be. Thanks

0e3ab767c7f29dada37e952d97c13ff4.jpg
348a0a577d42c8854123a269e4884a83.jpg

Upon further research it seems to be 92.5 sterling silver (I think).

Upvote 0
Thanks Bruce. Not sure on the stone, maybe onyx?

Upvote 0
The hook seems to be 925 which is silver, but can't see a stamp on the drop itself so I can't comment on that part. Silver ear wires are really no value to be honest, I make jewelry and buy them (925's) for pretty cheap in bulk. Best way to tell if it's real is to grab a magnet and if it clings to the magnet then it's not silver and most likely stainless steel. If it doesn't cling to it then it's silver. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
It is referred to as "925"... 92.5% silver. The older name for it is "sterling". It is one of my favorite things to find. Congrats!

It is priceless because YOU found it. It's treasure. That is what we are all looking for, and you found it. NICE.

Approximate value is $.55/gram.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Tom I appreciate it thank you!

Mel, yep did the magnet test and it did not stick. Also did the rub/polish test and it left black marks on the cloth. Wow I can't believe you found that eBay listing! That's almost exactly it!

Thanks again Bruce!

Upvote 0
Yay!! Then you have found yourself a silver, congrats!! As Tom said, it's priceless as it's a treasure you found. I'd run and jump around like a lil school girl if I found something like that even though I make items related to it LOL.

Upvote 0
Thanks again you guys are great!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back