Jan 14, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_6226.jpeg
    IMG_6226.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6225.jpeg
    IMG_6225.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Found near cavalry site. I got some other items can’t make out yet. I feel I’ve seen something like this mounted on front of the saddle area.
The “claw” at one end makes me think some sort of tool. I’ll also mention the shape of that item strongly resemble the bone in the male member of a raccoon. I’ll wager a guess that if that item isn’t broken, one of its colloquial names involves a raccoon.

Upvote 1
It is a coat or hat hook as Mudhut suggested...the tip of it is a stylized acorn and the attachment portion is broken off.

Upvote 1
Looks like a coat hook to me

Upvote 0
Yeah that’s the obvious . But I’ve seen something similar on a saddle, who knows it may be just a coat hanger
The one end (broken) looked like a mini crowbar.
Then when coat hanger example was shown it became obvious to me as well.

Upvote 0
I think he yelled at you. Good job turning the other cheek.
Where do you get that interpretation from.
I see it as a reply to the poster, and your post as "trying to stir up some $hit"

Upvote 0
The one end (broken) looked like a mini crowbar.
Then when coat hanger example was shown it became obvious to me as well.
I’m guessing I get something stuck in my head and I really want it to be this or that but it’s not. I’m sure there’s a term for my delusion lol

Upvote 1
I’m guessing I get something stuck in my head and I really want it to be this or that but it’s not. I’m sure there’s a term for my delusion lol
Oh we all have had that slap of reality for an ID on a recovery.
After 50+yrs it still happens a fair bit. 🤣

Upvote 0
IDK what the term is either, but I get the malady from time to time... 🤕

Believe it or don't, it's not that rare with scientists, geniuses, artists... pretty much any perfervid folk, which could include detectorists. 😁

Upvote 0
Where do you get that interpretation from.
I see it as a reply to the poster, and your post as "trying to stir up some $hit"
Not at all. Just having fun with the fact that you cannot interpret someone's intent on social media.

Upvote 1

IDK what the term is either, but I get the malady from time to time... 🤕

Believe it or don't, it's not that rare with scientists, geniuses, artists... pretty much any perfervid folk, which could include detectorists. 😁
I'm guessing it's a form of pareidolia, like when you see clouds that look like faces, animals, etc., or carvings in rock that is just natural wear, but in this case the object looks similar to something you've seen before.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back