Is this authentic?

My 2 cents… eBay is always a huge red flag, I don’t know where in Arkansas but material looks right for the Arkansas Missouri Kansas area, and wondering why the flute is so clean but there is dirt in some of the smaller hinges… but most importantly I’m not confident to say yes or no. I hope it’s good though it would be a heck of a find, maybe you could look up that collection

My 2 cents… eBay is always a huge red flag, I don’t know where in Arkansas but material looks right for the Arkansas Missouri Kansas area, and wondering why the flute is so clean but there is dirt in some of the smaller hinges… but most importantly I’m not confident to say yes or no. I hope it’s good though it would be a heck of a find, maybe you could look up that coll

Attachments

• IMG_20240615_132202.jpg
    IMG_20240615_132202.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20240615_100354.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100354.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20240615_100349.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100349.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240615_100345.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100345.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20240615_100300.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100300.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20240615_100242.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100242.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20240615_100247.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100247.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240615_100251.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100251.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240615_100238.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100238.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20240615_100254.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100254.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240615_100313.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100313.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240615_100310.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100310.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20240615_100332.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100332.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240615_100339.jpg
    IMG_20240615_100339.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 68
Picture restored. 444.Marlin, please do not remove pictures once you start a thread, it destroys the thread and any replies members make. I know you are new here, If you need something removed please contact mod/admin with request to remove and why you want it removed. Thanksđź‘Ť

The clovis looks like heat treated Burlington to me. It has the look of a St. Louis Clovis style - in my opinion. There is little to no mineralization that I can see and that does not look correct to me.

Concerning this photo, there does appear to be a monolithic axe, a mace, a wing butterfly banner stone, another banner stone, a celt, an axe and an object I can't determine. The mace looks like those found in Tennessee in the Duck River Cache.
I would be very suspicious of these. Not saying there could not be a few good relics, but these seem suspicious.

1718824002235.png

case in point a known Indiana collector died back in the 90's had a very large collection which 90% were reproductions, multiple sales spread out over many years. there were sprinkled here and there good relics. This collector lived in prime relic location but bought the majority of the relics. I have details but that's another story.

If a collector purchases relics, at one point or other reproductions will be obtained in error. It happens. The objective is to learn from it and not do it. But if a collector purchases relics and does not learn about authentic relics, the result is many reproductions in their collection.

I'm going to jump in here. The OP is my 12 year old son. He's learning a few hard and expensive lessons about becoming too independent, and doing so without permission. When I saw this thread, I told him to delete it, and the best he could figure out was deleting the pics. I've only been an infrequent poster here in the few years I've been a member. Many of the posts I've made have shown my kids and the points we've been blessed to discover in our farm fields. I don't even know the full story yet, but the OP of this thread was apparently trying to buy his dad a clovis as a father's day gift, since we know we'll likely never find one. His heart was in the right place. He conducted his own sleuthing, after it was too late, and learned he was likely the victim of a dishonest ebay seller. Hard lesson to learn, but we learn from our mistakes. He knows more about Indian artifacts than any kid I know. Thanks for hearing us out.

I'm going to jump in here. The OP is my 12 year old son. He's learning a few hard and expensive lessons about becoming too independent, and doing so without permission. When I saw this thread, I told him to delete it, and the best he could figure out was deleting the pics. I've only been an infrequent poster here in the few years I've been a member. Many of the posts I've made have shown my kids and the points we've been blessed to discover in our farm fields. I don't even know the full story yet, but the OP of this thread was apparently trying to buy his dad a clovis as a father's day gift, since we know we'll likely never find one. His heart was in the right place. He conducted his own sleuthing, after it was too late, and learned he was likely the victim of a dishonest ebay seller. Hard lesson to learn, but we learn from our mistakes. He knows more about Indian artifacts than any kid I know. Thanks for hearing us out.
He gets an A for effort.

And he is a welcome new member too. Polite and respectful, you can be proud.

I too hope his interest stays strong.... Good job with your son...!

You should be very proud to have raised such a fine son and garnering his interest in history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back