Aquitaine

Dec 8, 2021
British Columbia
This is rather an interesting and sentimental find that I came across the other day. It has an inscription on the inside to John on graduation 1984. It has markings on the back and there are two keys included. I don't know the reason for the keys, except to wind the watch perhaps??? I would love to know the age of it and if it's worth anything. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• watch-01.jpg
    watch-01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 56
  • watch-07.jpg
    watch-07.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 45
  • watch-06.jpg
    watch-06.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 44
  • watch-05.jpg
    watch-05.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 48
  • watch-04.jpg
    watch-04.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 48
  • watch-03.jpg
    watch-03.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 44
  • watch-02.jpg
    watch-02.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 40
  • watch-flags-01.jpg
    watch-flags-01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Upvote 6
i think the yellow one is the Russian imperial flag.
That's what I thought, but RC said something on it being the flag of the Holy roman empire / Greek orthodox church. Or that's the one I thought he was talking about.

i think the yellow one is the Russian imperial flag.

That's what I thought, but RC said something on it being the flag of the Holy roman empire / Greek orthodox church. Or that's the one I thought he was talking about.

They're similar. Although there are numerous variations, it looks more like Holy Roman Empire / Greek Orthodox.

RUSSIAN IMPERIAL:
Russian Imperial.jpg

HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE:
Holy Roman Empire.jpg

i think the second flag is French, the third UK

I'm not seeing a French flag. I see four flags, with the second as the UK and the third as Belgium.

could the first flag be Italian?

The Italian and Mexican flags use the same colours, with Mexico having an emblem in the central white stripe. Italy has no emblem for its national flag, but they did have an emblem for their Royal flag. However, the flag on the watch seems to have an emblem which is circular, which would be consistent with Mexico, not Italy.

ITALIAN ROYAL:
Italian Royal.jpg

MEXICO:
Mexico.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back