Is this an Indian axe head?

BenedictGomez

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been lurking while learning how to use my new metal detector, so I figured I'd take the plunge and sign up and ask for some guidance on this from the knowledgeable here.

I'm walking in the woods the other day, and I looked down and noticed this object. It's a very hard rock, and I think due to the size and shape that it's an Indian axe head. The gf also thinks it's an Indian artifact, but she thinks it's a hand tool. It's still fairly sharp, smooth along one side, and has what I believe is an area where a wood handle would be attached to (by my fingers in 2nd pic), which has a near 90 degree indentation that I dont believe could be change/natural erosion. My brother, however, thinks it's just a rock and that I have an active imagination.

Thoughts from any armchair archeologists or pros here on if it's Native American or just a coincidence?

Indian_Axe_072016.jpg

Indian_Axe_profile_072016.jpg

Upvote 1
Looks natural too me, but the artifact guys can help you better. Welcome aboard.

It looks natural to me, but you should post it in North American Indian Artifacts, and they can help you for sure.

It isn't an artifact, just a pointed rock..

DT2016

Last edited:
It looks natural to me, but you should post it in North American Indian Artifacts, and they can help you for sure.

That would have been the smarter thing to do I guess, but given it was so recent I figured I'd put it in "today" section. I'll repost it there. Thanks.

I think it would show more signs of being worked if it was an artifact IMO to me it looks natural.

That would have been the smarter thing to do I guess, but given it was so recent I figured I'd put it in "today" section. I'll repost it there. Thanks.
Sorry, no need to put it in Indian artifact forum, its not one, just a pointed rock....

Welcome to TreasureNet

DT2016

Last edited:
It's a rock.

GT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back