Is this a hoe, plow, or what?

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a item I found with my 9x12 coil the first day I used it. After several hours I was thinking to myself that the 6.5x9 coil was just fine and I was regretting spending the extra money and then on the way back out of the woods I got a hit in a place that I had been over with my other coil several times. I dug about a foot and still nothing but had a great signal and after some more digging I found it. It cleaned up ok. It is my first deep find. Between 1 1/2 to 2 feet. I know you folks are probably use to diggin' some deeeeeep holes but this is my first over 8 or so inches so I was excited. Not really sure what it is. ??? Maybe some type of plow or hoe.
So, as it turns out, I'm glad I bought the bigger coil. Not only did it pick up deeper but I also got a much broader search from it.
Any input on this item would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed
metal.jpg

Metalplate.JPG

metal.jpg

Attachments

• Metalplate.JPG
    Metalplate.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 605
  • sideviewmp.JPG
    sideviewmp.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 604
Thanks for the input from everyone. ;D
The comments are most welcome.
Ed

Upvote 0
This is a Half Shovel plow that goes to a georgia stock.When I lived on a farm in the sixties in rural Mississippi I plowed With These Plow points.It is used to throw the fresh dirt next to your crop plant and to cover small Grass or weeds. Goldpenny

Upvote 0
I totally agree with the plow more so with the type GoldPenny is referring too. I should know...a farm gal here. ;D ;D I tried to find a decent pic of one on the www not much luck.

;) RR

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I tried finding a pic as well but no luck.
HH
Ed

Upvote 0
Bluezman said:
wisconsinACE said:
Looks to me like a plow shear.
=

"Chunk of metal that can be beaten into a sword."

Bluezman

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually wind up doing the plowing for those who didn't." -Anonymous

It's the replaceable cutting edge off of a moldboard plow. Not a good pic, but here's a newer one in operation:

02-Moldboard%20Plow[1].jpg

Cool find, scrap iron prices are up so go find some more....I think it's around $80.00 a ton right now

HH,
SgtSki

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back