Hash marks on a rock wall?

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was exploring a new area and noticed something on a rock wall in a canyon bottom. It looks like five horizontal marks chiseled into the rock. Perhaps it is natural but compared to everything else on the rock wall and in the area it seemed out of place. There is a cavity entrance nearby that was inaccessible and possibly collapsed. Looks like some huge boulders may have shifted/rolled with a possible cave mostly blocked. Any ideas on the horizontal hash marks; natural or man-made. Thanks for any feedback....Ed, near Tucson.

Attachments

• 26_Resized.jpg
    26_Resized.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Looks like a natural formation to me although not i'm seeing it in real life. Gosh, that is an interesting looking place though, be safe as there could be some unstable rocks above.

Man, I have been looking at the pic too long, above the hole looks like a croc head sticking out.
I see the head also. There so much at the site to see it is hard to discern detail. I didn't notice it when I was there. I'll try to go back and spend more time investigating. It may be interesting to detect around the site to see if anything is found. It is a little difficult to get to via a long hike and climb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back