DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what it went to,but it seems to be some kind of face.I can make out chin,nose,cheek bone and jaw lines,and it almost looks like hair or some kind of helmet? on head.It is a little more than 1 1/2 wide 2 1/2 long ,about 1 inch thick iron and seems to be broken off at the neck.
003.JPG004.JPG

Top of a cane maybe?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
What's the bottom look like? Threaded?

Upvote 0
very possible,i never thought about that.Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0
No, it looks to be broken off solid iron

Upvote 0
I looked up saint George and damn if it kind of looks like him.But its hard to say.

Upvote 0
Yep, it is hard to tell for sure. But the fact that he is depicted in so many places as wearing a helmet or type of head armor makes it look similar.

Upvote 0
Where was it found?

Upvote 0
I found it in Va

Upvote 0
I Drink a couple beers and it starts too look like some kind of alien

Upvote 0
dIDN'T SHE LOSE HER HEAD TOO?LOL

Upvote 0
I can't tell in the photo, but is the back of this thing flat? If so, perhaps part of a door stop?

Upvote 0
I enlarged it and to me it looks like there is an X on the nose so I think it is a helmet with the nose guard not sure. Kind of like the style Brad Pitt wore in the movie that he played Achilles so maybe that is who it depicts Achilles not Brad.LOL :dontknow:

Upvote 0
It looks like the head/top to an andiron. There were several styles with faces/heads. One of the most popular were the Hessian Soldier andirons.

Interesting find :)
Breezie

Andirons.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the back is flat.but it looks like it was broken off from the rest of its iron whatever it was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back