May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the wait for the end of the shooting season is upon us & we looked forward to trying the only Wood we know that produces Roman Coins. I have done it well with the GMP XP 11" coil & I wanted to see if the Deus had any luck. Well my confidence is growing after todays result, it found coins deeper in areas I had covered well.
I did 4 hours 15 minutes hunting whilst Dad was on log clearing duties, we also wanted to try a small trench & I found the perfect spot. I spotted some Mole Hills that had slightly darker soil & 2 of the many hills had small greyware pot shards. Dad spent about 2 hours digging & I helped for over 1 hour - producing a hole 3.5 metres long x 1.5 metres wide, by 2.5ft deep.
We got plenty of Large pieces of Roman Pot, nails, bones, animal teeth, shell,tiles, but sadly no coins or objects. Its a big pit & the best we have dug, so we many return one day to do the rest.

14 Roman Coins - One new type for us of Roma Comm. Rom & Rem, minted in Nicomedia (Turkey!)
Shoe Buckle Bit
Roman Plate Brooch
1889 Sixpence

A much better day.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 12
Cru, you seem to find more Roman coins than British, is that by design? You must be focusing on Roman sites?
Either way, great stuff to see. I am impressed by your knowledge of European historical numismatics. Fun stuff.
Keep showing us the goodies.

Yes, we mostly target Roman/Celtic Sites.

Nice group of finds Cru. I hope you can get back to finish off the pit. I would think that by going the extra bit you will most likely find a lot more Roman goodies. Good luck
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back