Interesting story about my childhood find

guitar1580

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks. I'm the new guy from WV who posted the thread with pics of the large collection which my friend is selling. Unfortunately, my own collection consists of just one arrowhead which I found back in the 1960s when I was around 8 to 10 years old.

There was an area of our driveway which had a turn, and the car tires would make a bit of a rut, and continually push the dirt and mud toward the outer edge of the turn. Us kids would play along that section a lot, under a large pine tree.

One day, I looked down and saw the bottom half of what I knew instantly was an arrowhead. I collected it and was quite taken with it, and really wished it had been complete. I never thought to dig and see if the rest of it was nearby, or that maybe it was broken because of the car running over it.

Fast forward to the FOLLOWING SUMMER. Playing in the same spot, I looked down and saw the other half of my cherished arrowhead, in the same exact spot. I knew instantly that the tip would match the other half, and rushed to put them together. They fit like 2 pieces of a puzzle. A drop of superglue, and it became one again. Here she is.

JT

DSCN2382.JPGDSCN2383.JPG

Upvote 0
Congratulations on finding your other half! That's the way to end the story!

That is great. I can not say how many times that I wish I would find the other half of something.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing! That point will always be a good memory. :icon_thumright:

You and me both!

about 25 yrs ago found a piece of a scoria game piece....the kind with the 'X' design on it
the found almost all the rest of it 8 o 9 years ago
still one little part of it must be laying out there on the east side of the site.......
.....or maybe it is in one of our boxes of broke junk and we have not matched it up.................yet

also got an awl found half about 20 yrs ago the found the other half about 12 yrs ago..................
.........perfectly glued back together with a tiny drop of alphatic glue....
.........it looks different i mean half of it must have been laying on the surface longer than the other half which was exposed by tilling and rain.....different patinas....dark and light
gotta try to find them and post some time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back