insulator?

Stegner

Jan 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC, Whites Prizm 5
Found this earlier this year in central Jersey - middle of my town had some roadwork being done, and I found this under the old roadbed - it's heavy - like its filled with concrete. Looks like a small WW2 helmet, but obviously its not - the two holes on rounded side line up as if something went through both - bottom looks like it was flat but is deformed now - could this be an electrical insulator? Any help welcomed!

Attachments

• greenwhatsittop.jpg
    greenwhatsittop.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 309
  • greenwhatsitbottom.jpg
    greenwhatsitbottom.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 315
  • greenwhatsitside.jpg
    greenwhatsitside.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 295
  • greenwhatsitside2.jpg
    greenwhatsitside2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 306
Hadn't thought of this as a hollow item - its got a LOT of heft - like its filled with weight - perhaps its got dirt inside? I can see where perhaps the bottom got compressed - this is a reasonable ID - interested in any other ideas/ confirmation?
Thanks for the quick responses.

Upvote 0
Stegner said:
Hadn't thought of this as a hollow item - its got a LOT of heft - like its filled with weight - perhaps its got dirt inside? I can see where perhaps the bottom got compressed - this is a reasonable ID - interested in any other ideas/ confirmation?
Thanks for the quick responses.

Its as you say a Sleigh Bell full of iron from the iron pea that expanded/rusted

Upvote 0
Awesome ID everyone - many thanks! I appreciate this find a lot more now that I know what it is!

Upvote 0
Stegner said:
Awesome ID everyone - many thanks! I appreciate this find a lot more now that I know what it is!
Go back to your first post and do the same thing for the green check to appear there. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back