Indian Spearhead 4"x1 1/2"

Mark nagel

Oct 1, 2012
I would like to know the age/ value. Just curious would never sale. I found it on 9/29/12 in stream in the middle of a woods.

ForumRunner_20121001_203543.png

Upvote 0
Twitch said:
I agree it's an Adena knife. To find more, just go back to where you found this one and keep looking up and down stream. There's really not a lot too it! Keep looking and you'll find more. Congrats on the find.

Man! I'm glad you backed me on the Adena blade. I was scared, since no one mentioned Adena again, I had misinformed this guy. Thanks for the reinforcement!

Man! I'm glad you backed me on the Adena blade. I was scared, since no one mentioned Adena again, I had misinformed this guy. Thanks for the reinforcement!

I have heard them called Beaver Tail points before also.

Nice find!! Keep looking in the same area.

NC - hey when you're right, you're right.

Rock - I've heard them called Beavertails as well. I think there are a number of very similiar styles in the very late Archaic to middle Woodland time frame.

I would like to display this how it was used. Does anybody know what the handle might have looked like? What materials? Thanks

Something like these. Those are wooden reproductions. Yours might have gone in sonthing more heavy duty like this bone one I was lucky enough to find.

artifacts-utensils-stone-knives.jpeg

ForumRunner_20121012_220823.png

Just found this in the same area as the knife point. Is it Indian artifact?

ForumRunner_20121017_213403.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back