troyer16

Jun 16, 2013
new york
Detector(s) used
ace 250/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll try to keep this brief,
I just started metal detecting about 3-4 months ago. Since then I've found about $50.00 in clad and a few odd and end medallions and stuff. Nothing notable. I've been getting very frustrated because I was just dying to find something besides clad. Well after working overnights last night, I went out to a local park that dates to about the 1940's. Not old but figure there's a chance of silver. I don't believe it's been hunted much, as I've pulled 50 cent pieces out of there before and clad is everywhere. Well today started no different. clad, clad clad. 1965 dime (damnit), 1965 dime (damnit), 1965 quater(damnit), 1960 penny( ok now someone upstairs is laughing at me). Well i dug for a few more hours, batteries were starting to run out and I went back to the truck to check for more. I didnt have any with me and decided I'd detect right around the truck for a few more minutes. Well right off the edge of the parking lot I get a signal (I cant remember what it came in as but im pretty sure a penny on my ace 250). Was only 2 inches deep. Dug it out and imagine my surprise when not one but two Indian had pennies stuck together! 1891 and 1863. Sorry for the low quality photos, all as I have is my phone. They're in pretty rough shape but i was able to read the dates off them. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Upvote 8
Great find! I can still remember finding my first Indian head,it was a great feeling!

That's awesome friend. I still need to find me an Indian Head, I'm stuck in clad as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back