• _20170612_081636.JPG
    _20170612_081636.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0722.JPG
    DSC_0722.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 13
Congrats on a good morning out swinging Art! :occasion14:
Hard to find a Buffalo with a date on it. Good variety of finds!

Nice hunt. Buffalo and IHP cool. What is the small spindle thingy?

Just glad you are getting out in this heat. Done very well for a short hunt.

Great finds !! On a field hunt ( never have done one per se) what kind of trash pile would you accumulate while finding these nice finds.. congrats on the hunt !!

I'm talking a huge acreage Farm field. Thanks !!

Last edited:
A few years I bought this stuff called "Nic-A-Date", it's a restorer for nickels, and I have used it on a few nickels to bring out a date where the date had been worn smooth. I bought it at a mining shop, do not know of anywhere else except that it's made by NIC-A-LENE Co. of Montrose, CO. Phone 970-252-0429 It's worked on 4 out of 5 nickels, the fifth was way to toasted.

Great finds !! On a field hunt ( never have done one per se) what kind of trash pile would you accumulate while finding these nice finds.. congrats on the hunt !!

I'm talking a huge acreage Farm field. Thanks !!
Congrats on your coins Art. When I am in the fields, its not uncommon to dig about 20 pounds of iron, a lot of aluminum cans near the roads edge, and many other junk metal items related to the tearing down of an old homestead or barn. You may find old pipes, tractor and car parts, you name it. Besides my trash pouch for small items, I take a few 5 gallon buckets out there, and may have to go back to the truck to empty them in order to go keep detecting only to fill them up again. I will hit a field for 4 or 5 years, so the trash does become less each time you go out. (as long as you are picking it up)

Congrats on your coins Art. When I am in the fields, its not uncommon to dig about 20 pounds of iron, a lot of aluminum cans near the roads edge, and many other junk metal items related to the tearing down of an old homestead or barn. You may find old pipes, tractor and car parts, you name it. Besides my trash pouch for small items, I take a few 5 gallon buckets out there, and may have to go back to the truck to empty them in order to go keep detecting only to fill them up again. I will hit a field for 4 or 5 years, so the trash does become less each time you go out. (as long as you are picking it up)
That's about right, I use a back pack and haul everything out, sometimes have to empty it a couple of times because of weight

That's what I learned this season. Get ready to haul lots of iron. Smashed cans along the roads, ditto. I did enjoy it quite a bit but, no lying it's a workout. My main fields are planted with soybeans which will be a bit easier to hunt this fall.:hello2:

Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back