Indian and a 22 wheatie on a 30 minute hunt

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Got about 30 minutes to blow off at the fairgrounds this afternoon. I did'nt get 5 feet away from my car when I get that "Deep Beep" that I am begining to love! After major excavation around a tree root I pull a wheatie out and try to see the date. After about 30 seconds to make these old eyes focus I can make out the 1922 date! Wow I know that is a key year for wheaties and my heart gets pounding pretty hard! I put it in a small cotton filled container and jam it into my pocket. I try to not think about it and get my mind and ears back to the business at hand. Almost ready to leave and another deep thready signal sounds off at me, the smart find screen is telling me its junk, but the tone and depth are good so I dig. It was a good thing I listened to the tone as I am rewarded with a sweet 1883 injun, this makes 52 indianheads for me this year and I am smiling ear to ear now. My goal was 25 indians, but this Explorer Pro has made a huge difference and the oldies keep rolling in. When I arrive home I begin to do some cleaning on the finds and see the 22 wheatie has a D, but its what I think they call the weak D and I still think its kinda valuable? I'll have to look it up on the net and see?

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Picture 217.jpg
    Picture 217.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 218.jpg
    Picture 218.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 186
Jack,
you always do so well.. your so tuned in with that new machine it aint funny.. cant wait to see what else ya come up with too.
your on a roll Jack :thumbsup:

Nice Jack!
Wheaties from fairgrounds are the coin of the day.
I had about a half hour last night and came up with a 1919 and a 1910 wheatie.
Congrats. I'm still waiting for the procoil for my Quattro. Sure hope it gets here before the snow and Ice!

HH
Mark

Hey Jack, a regular 22D goes for $10 in G-4 up to $145 in MS-63. If its a weak D it goes for $35 in G-4 up to $675 in MS-63. So either way its a pretty good penny. That Exp. is sure doing a stand up job for you!

Those are a couple nice coins. Cool fairgrounds, I would be in hog heaven if I had that to hunt all the time. Good luck with those deep beeps. AMC

Slipperyjack47 said:
Thanks for the info Prober, I thought this was a key date wheatie! :D
Great finds! The 1922 Plain is even more valuable!
Dan

Wtg on your 22 wheatie and your IH that fair ground must be a hot spot...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back