Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wife and I saw a horrendous wreck the other day. There was a small truck with tremendous damage to the front end off to the left 75 forty yards or so from the narrow two lane bridge on 71 S. At the entrance of the south bound side of the bridge was a still very hot totally burnt out vehicle, possibly a SUV. There were so many other vehicles around, including a fire truck, ambulances, law enforcement etc that we weren't sure that there wasn't another wrecked vehicle or two down in the field below the bridge. It didn't look good for any of the vehicles nor their passengers. I know from where it happened, that it happened so fast that they probably never knew it even happened.

I always slow down if a big truck is approaching the bridge from the other lane to make sure that they don't crowd the bridge but these were smaller vehicles. Who knows, texting? The highway dept has put in the rough indentions in the center and outer edge of the lanes to let you know that you are crossing the center line or going off onto the shoulder. I have watched numerous vehicles hit both sides of these indentions like a drunk because they were looking down to text. From what I saw of the end of the bridge, it appeared to have had a direct head on with it as well. No matter how defensive you may drive, you are still at the mercy of the on coming driver's driving or lack of it. Be careful out there my friends, in the blink of an eye it could be you.

You are absolutely correct. Texting is the same as drunk driving. I can almost always tell when someone is texting...erratic speeds and driving on the center line.

I hope the people made it through the accident, I will say a prayer :angel2:.

This driving while texting is a real problem on the roads today! T.C. is correct, you can usually see the tell tale signs as stated in his post. :BangHead:

You are absolutely correct. Texting is the same as drunk driving. I can almost always tell when someone is texting...erratic speeds and driving on the center line.

yeah, one side of the road to the other non stop until they finally quit texting. they can also slow down to 35 mph as they text too and then speed back up before you can get around them. last month I was sure that I was behind someone texting for about 7 miles then they pulled over....wrong, it was a very elderly woman and very short too. She could barely see over the steering wheel. I feel for these elderly people, especially those that are all alone. I knew one that had outlived her kids and grandkids, her great grandkids didn't seem to be concerned for her. At 94, she still managed to till her garden and neighbors shopped for her. still scary

I hate to think of people on their way somewhere and all in an instant life is turned upside down.
Centuries ago a wise man advised the Samurai to remember Death is all around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back