In Moms Memory

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
In Mom's Memory

I knew this day was coming. Eight years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, my mother passed away early this morning at the age of 81. Her last few years were not pleasant with this horrible disease and she certainly deserved better, as did my dad who served as her caregiver. My parents were married 60 years, typical for their generation, married right after dad returned from the war; made a living from a dairy and chicken farm all their lives; had the same friends they danced and played cards with every week for 60 years. Mom was hard working, her day started at 5 am and usually ended at 11 pm...that happens on a dairy & chicken farm. Yet, she and dad always had energy for dancing on Saturdays to big band music. They luckily got to travel to many places in the U.S. & abroad when they were in their late 50s and all through their 60s after "retiring" from farm work. She had a rewarding life, just not the ending I would have hoped for in her last years. I'll miss her, but her soul is in a much better place now and she won't be suffering anymore....and neither will my dad.

BPMM

Re: In Mom's Memory

I am so sorry for your loss and she is in a much better place. It is so very hard to watch someone you love go through something like that. My dad and mom was married for 50yrs and although he is making the best of it, I know its hard for him. He took care of her so long that he doesn't know what to do being idle now, then there is the whole part that its like losing half of yourself. Just make sure you are there for him, but give him space at the same time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Our hearts are with you . I know how very hard it is to lose a parent and please know you are in our thoughts .
Your mom is at rest now. Peaceful and painfree.

Attachments

• 15.gif
    15.gif
    95.4 KB · Views: 222

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing.

Sympathy2.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like she was quite a woman and not herself for awhile. You can bet she is dancing with Jesus now though and I will be praying for peace and comfort for your dad and the rest of you!! ~hugsnprayers~

My heart is with you and your dad. So are my prayers. May God give your dad and you comfort during this sad time.

Sincerely,
Pepper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back