im trying a new ideah what do you think...

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im going to try a new ideah,
first off im a parks worker and we have MDers in our parks once in a while.
im going to plant some coins capsules with a link to TNET
the capsules will contain the link to tnet and my Tnet name and also a few coins in each one so the detector will pick them up.
they will be made of PVC end caps and one 3 inch piece of pipe and two end caps like these
they will be short so they dont think they are hitting a pipe and only a couple inches down
and also ill engrave on them coins cache open with care.
and then we will see how long it takes for some one to find them.
maby ill put a few in our GEO CACHES too people are always bugging me for the location of them
Ima

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 631
I can see the FOX NEWS Report already :D

City Evacuated ! ;D

Sweet idea ! If I knew the park I might try it; maybe I'd finally find something worthwhile.

tac512ltd said:
Sweet idea ! If I knew the park I might try it; maybe I'd finally find something worthwhile.
I think im going to put a couple in each park.
heck ill fill them with world coins they dont cost me nothin
man i dont feel good spent all night over the can sick.
no more McDonalds for me.

Hope you feel better soon. Arby's did that to me years ago and I haven't been back since.

I think it's a good idea, but maybe better to put them in small glass containers so people can see what they are.

i think it sounds like 15 -25 out in 10 for good behavior i like the glass idea a little better but if u choose the pipe bomb look alike can i have yor md before u go away lol have a great holiday

jbot no Elf said:
I think it's a good idea, but maybe better to put them in small glass containers so people can see what they are.
I live on the coast though and the lid would rust in no time allowing water to enter

Montana Elf Dude said:
The glass jars are better than the pipe bombs idea... LMAO
HMMMM LOL maby i better not paint them....

they will be engraved with the words coin cache / time capsule on them so no one will confuse them...lol
i wont paint them red or grey...lol i thought pipe bombs were metal.

THEBELLI said:
i think it sounds like 15 -25 out in 10 for good behavior i like the glass idea a little better but if u choose the pipe bomb look alike can i have yor md before u go away lol have a great holiday
I dont think glass is a better way to go as it is a park and if one gets broke by the riding mowers some kid may cut himself as i have digging coins on broken glass.

lets try to come up with a better ideah so i can get this ready.

Why not stick a little note in there asking them to reply to you on Tnet and not tell anyone else? If they do it will stop a certain stampede as you know how we Tnetters are. ;D Monty

This sounds like a fun idea.

I can defiantly see a problem with White PVC though as yes it will look like a pipe bomb. I can think of at least 3 times over the last few years bomb scares made the national news. One was a geocacher another some kids doing street art the last a movie marketing campaign. In all 3 cases not a bomb but the folks behind them still had a bad time of it because of the local’s authority’s overreactions.

And glass is no good too fragile. So how about this.

Clear PVC!

I saw the stuff a few years back being used for fancy spud guns so you could see the fire in the barrel. You can’t just go down to the local home depot and get it though, you’ll have to order it online but that will solve your problem. It’s strong, easy to work with and clear! Sounds like just what you need.

Just Google Clear PVC and you’ll find a bunch of sites selling it online.

We recently hid a time capsule in our garage that we were building. We used a plastic folgers coffee can. It shouldn't fall apart and it won't let moisture in. Or a clear peanut butter jar.

My sister pulled a prank on me and used the brown clear plastic pill bottles to put half dollars in. She included a note. Most of the half’s were planted single. I found a bunch of those before I found the pill bottle full of them with the note.
Still haven’t gotten even with her for that.

Monty said:
Why not stick a little note in there asking them to reply to you on Tnet and not tell anyone else? If they do it will stop a certain stampede as you know how we Tnetters are. ;D Monty
Read the top again...LOL...good ideah glad you thought of it...lol

acedigger said:
We recently hid a time capsule in our garage that we were building. We used a plastic folgers coffee can. It shouldn't fall apart and it won't let moisture in. Or a clear peanut butter jar.
Too big but good ideah. if its too big a detectorist wont dog it and we dont want big holes in our parks...LOL
i know i can get clear rubber tubbing and probably can come up with some plugs.
we will see

Dirt Fishin Dale said:
My sister pulled a prank on me and used the brown clear plastic pill bottles to put half dollars in. She included a note. Most of the half’s were planted single. I found a bunch of those before I found the pill bottle full of them with the note.
Still haven’t gotten even with her for that.
you might be on too some thing there.....
maby plastic pill bottles and dip them in canning wax to seal them up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back