dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm swingin' in the rain...

Today was the day I got to try out my new Garret AT Pro. Perfect day to try it out too. I was in the field swinging for about 30 minutes and then the rain started falling. I threw up the hood on my sweatshirt and pressed on, knowing I didn't have to worry about the rain ruining my new purchase. Wasn't sure how much luck I'd have on my first hunt with the new machine, but turned out to be a decent two hour hunt. The AT Pro was very sensitive to small targets. I found three or four .22cal lead projectiles at about 4-5". Not bad!! I was running the machine Pro mode, zero disc and Iron disc at 32. That knocked out the unwanted nails and iron, but everything else was ringing in. I figured I would dig all repeatable signals until I learned the VDI numbers and tones were telling me. I haven't got it all figured out yet, but I manage a couple nice finds. Hit two crusty flat buttons, a lead round ball and a 1901 Indian head penny. It's a little strange going back to a machine that runs quiet with no threshold, but it did its job today. I'm very pleased with this machine and for the money it's fantastic...so far anyway. I'm anxious to see how it performs on the beach. Today was fun though...By the time I left I was completely soaked, but happy cuz the rain didn't ruin my hunt!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 03-25-12Group.jpg
    03-25-12Group.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 03-25-12Indian.jpg
    03-25-12Indian.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
stay dry and keep swingin........HH

Top Member Reactions