Im still new to this

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
I'm still new to this

Hello,
My name is Danna and I am 20 years old. I enjoy being oudoors most of the time. My hobbies include; digging for treasure on my property, gold dredging and panning, hiking, rockhounding, crystal caving, fishing, restoring my Ghia, spending time with my family and friends, and best of all admiring my many coolections of random things. Treasure hunting can be so much fun. I love it. Some people think that I am too young to know anything about what I do, but I think that when you really enjoy something and continue doing it, it could pay off in the long run. By what I mean is that I have been collecting things for many years. My favorite things to collect are mostly rocks, and things that I find on my river. Also the tin cans and bottles that I have been digging up. Some of these things just seem like junk to a lot of people, but to my they are the greatest. I walk down the river almost every morning, and ussually I come back with more rocks than I can carry and have to go back a couple of times. My mom sometimes think that I am crazy, because I have rocks everywhere. I collect these rocks just because I like them, never thinking about how much they could be worth. Just a few miles from my home there is a local rock shop. I go in there almost every weekend just to see if they have anything new, and to show them the rocks that I have found that week. I could believe my eyes the first time I walked through the doors, thinking to myself, "Wow I actually have some of these things that they have in here," and then looking at the price tags on some of their items, I couldn't believe what I had seen. All that time effortlessly picking up choice rocks based on what they look like, and seeing the actual price for them was so amazing. Some people would pays millions for some of the things that I have found, and I have never thought of selling anything because to me, my finds are priceless. I think that the experience is the best part, and when you tell someone about some of the things that you have found and are able to show them, just seeing their faces is great. I can't wait to get some pictures on here to show everyone what I have found, because I really need some help with find out what some of these bottles are. I just don't have a clue. Well if anyone has any information on old bottles please let me know! Thank You.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,884
Re: I'm still new to this

Hey,
Welcome to treasurenet!
This place is loaded with fun and experienced treasurehunters of all ages from all walks of life
You will like it here and soon may find it difficult logging off late at night.
I look forward to seeing your finds. HH,
Donny

Welcome to the Mug Shots Danna.

Cute Pic.

Jeff

Hi Danna and welcome to Tnet and to Mugs. ;D
You're sure to get all the help you need from the great folks here on Tnet.
Old bottles are beautiful; can't wait to see some of them.
;D
DD

Welcome to T-net and to Mugs as well! Sounds like you have a lot of experience to share and you will certainly find tons of help from all the great people here on some of the items you want to id too! So glad you could join us! I am really looking forward to seeing some of your finds! :D

A welcomed sight to a pirate's eye you be...
Welcome to the forum...good luck on your bottle ID's, and rocks ROCK.

Welcome aboard....Danna

Trez

Welcome Danna, I hope you enjoy your stay with us,
I wish I could have gotten my kids as intrested in rocks &
old things as much as you, (but they still love the outdoors
& fishing , camping, & hunting.
It kinda gets in your blood, I have been at it for about
40 years now, (rockhounding & collecting).

Fossis................

Welcome Danna, and you have picked a great site to be apart of. Your just not gonna believe the wealth of information your gonna get from the guys. I too collect lots of things from rocks, fossils, indian artifacts to my new ancient coin hobby. I have found that if you can take a picture of it, someone can ID it. Look forward to your posts.

Danna,
You're definitely not too young. I'm only 5 years older than you are!! lol I think we hold a good advantage because *no offense everyone* our bodies aren't falling apart and aching all the time... plus, we're usually more savvy when it comes to technology and ways to use the net to our advantage. I have to admit though, some of the older people on here really impress me sometimes with their tech skills! Good luck to you though... ;)

Bran <><

Hi Danna,

Welcome to T-Net, you're going to like being here. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

welcome to the forum danna. lots of smart folks to id stuff on this site. ;)

Welcome to the forum. I wish there were more women like you.

Nice to meet you!

Looking forward to seeing some of your upcoming posts!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the TNet gang!

HH from M2

Attachments

• wave-1_e0.gif
    wave-1_e0.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,674

;D Welcome Danna!!! ;D

You've got the right attitude....Best of Luck and Great Pic! :)

HH, Hank 8)

Welcome Danna. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your finds. Have you done very well at the dredging and gold panning? I wish I would have been into that kind of thing when I lived out there in Calif.
I haven't been too successful yet at finding gold here in NC. The metal detecting has been a lot better.
Again, "welcome".
-MM-

Hi Danna, welcome ...Im kind of a rock collector to as I collect indian arrowheads, and stone tools and different color rocks they were made of. Alot of my friends cant understand why I spend a whole day or weekend collecting stones but it doesnt bother me...They just dont understand the beauty. I also dig and collect old bottles so if need some info on one I might be able to help. Here is a great site to check out for all kinds of info on antique bottles.... antique-bottles.net....The members on this site are awesome and are always glad to help. Its free and the most imformative site on old bottles Ive found on the net....Happy Hunting

Hello Danna! I agree with you, you are never to young or old to enjoy something. Looks like you have found a gold mine on the bottles. Keep on enjoying what you like to collect, that's the way to happiness.

Beerbarrel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back