smt24219

Jan 20, 2014
Big Stone Gap, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really hooked now

Took treblehunter's advice and watched some youtube vids on how to retrieve targets while conserving the site. Went back to my yard to practice and found these.

I did notice that my indicators on my 350 were a bit off though. The depth was off on the penny because it was just on the surface but it said 4". The quarter registered as 50 ct or $1. The dollar registered correctly at the right depth. Is this common?

I also need to work on pinpointing a bit better. The silver dollar was toward the side of the hole and I gouged it a bit with my digger. But I'm really loving this new hobby!

Attachments

• image-2821651323.jpg
    image-2821651323.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 7
The dollar you found is 100% clad but awesome find and good luck on the pinpointer

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah, I have a collection of about 100 of them that I have gotten over the years. It was exciting though :)

As for the pinpointer, I was able to scrounge enough up (where there is a will, there's a way) to order the Garrett from Bart at Big Boys. My wife gave me the go ahead :D

That's cool I just saw one on kellyco. Com for $124.00 I am also in the market looking for one but I use a whites DFX an they just came out with a new one pricy though $150.00 we will see

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah, I have a collection of about 100 of them that I have gotten over the years. It was exciting though :)

As for the pinpointer, I was able to scrounge enough up (where there is a will, there's a way) to order the Garrett from Bart at Big Boys. My wife gave me the go ahead :D

That's some wife you got there! Where'd ya dig her up? Lol pun intended

That's some wife you got there! Where'd ya dig her up? Lol pun intended

Lol. She's great. She encouraged me to go ahead and get the 350 too because we've been together for 21 years and I have always tossed around the idea of getting an MD. I'll keep her :)

Pinpointer from Harbor Freight for $17???

Got a link?

Just go to harborfreight.com...........look for their metal detectors. Mine works good..........and the light on it is bright for a LED.

Last edited:
There are a few mods that make that Centech more durable, if you are kinda handy. There is an album of the one that I have modified on my profile page. I have found it very useful, while I am hunting.

There are a few mods that make that Centech more durable, if you are kinda handy. There is an album of the one that I have modified on my profile page. I have found it very useful, while I am hunting.
I opened mine up and put a spacer between the push button and pointer. Seems the push button needed some back support. I used rolled up electrical tape. So now when I push on the push button it makes a good connection. That's really the only problem I was having with them......the push button. I saw your album and looks like you have something there. I like keeping it the way it is tho....easy to handle. Can't beat it for $17

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back