rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went to a spot where I dont go often due to the area having lots of copperheads. Im glad I went after all seeing I actually found some things for a change. While I was walking and looking my inner voice kept saying keep looking over and over again. The last spot was a big fallen tree that looked so snaky I kept saying out loud Im not going under that tree. When I was done looking as I looked all around there was only 1 place left to look....so I went under the tree and what I found is in my hand. The rest of the finds are preforms and brokes. The good news is they are cutting the corn now, rock

Attachments

• SDC13245.JPG
    SDC13245.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • SDC13249.JPG
    SDC13249.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
The creek i have started hunting always seems to have a snake in one particular tree that hangs out over the water. He always drops in the water as I get near. So far he and I have not had any problems.

Those are cool finds. Is the item in the second photo a small thumb scraper?

HA! I use the same term - looks snaky. We have cotton mouths (and some copperheads). I carry a stick and beat the bushes, literally.

I do that to even though I wear snake boots it doesnt cover above the knees. Ive never actually seen live snakes out there but have seen some huge sheds so I know they are there. I probably walk rite past them and dont even know it.

Those are cool finds. Is the item in the second photo a small thumb scraper?

It could be but looks like a small stem or might even be a base to a paddle drill its very well made. I took some more pics of it for you and also a nice end scraper I discovered after the washing. The end scraper is a uni but worked on both sides. Thanks for the interest.

Attachments

• SDC13252.JPG
    SDC13252.JPG
    709.2 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC13254.JPG
    SDC13254.JPG
    799.1 KB · Views: 71
  • SDC13257.JPG
    SDC13257.JPG
    712 KB · Views: 69
It still looks like a small scraper. I could have at one time had an awl or burin but was broken off. Still a nice find.

Great finds, love the material! I once crouched down to get under the root mass of a fallen tree where I spotted a white quartz birdie. I glanced up into the roots only to come eye to eye with a very big snake!

Nice finds.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Great finds, love the material! I once crouched down to get under the root mass of a fallen tree where I spotted a white quartz birdie. I glanced up into the roots only to come eye to eye with a very big snake!

I see snakes all the time! It's pretty distracting keeping one eye out for snakes all the time...even worse to hear the ker-plunk of one dropping in the water and having no idea where it went!

It still looks like a small scraper. I could have at one time had an awl or burin but was broken off. Still a nice find.

Your probably rite you usually are. Lots of wisdom. I was hoping for a point due to I havent found anything decent in so long. I walked the corn fields today bad news as usual. I need some new places!!!

I see snakes all the time! It's pretty distracting keeping one eye out for snakes all the time...even worse to hear the ker-plunk of one dropping in the water and having no idea where it went!

I was out today getting skunked like this year just wont give me a break but anyways I heard something making some noise on a downed corn stalk. I looked up and about 20 ft away was the biggest raccoon Ive ever seen. I grabbed my hip friend and put 1 in the chamber and yelled get out and go away. Lucky for me he ran off cause I didnt want to fire that thing anyway its to loud and hurts my ears. Ive always heard if you see them in the daylight they are sick but I think he was probably dreaming of that corn and woke up early.

Last edited:

Thats why I carry a 5 ft long stick I made out of hardwood to stick it in the bushes and cracks before I reach. One time I was walking in spring along a creek bent over so far that my back hurt later but as I was bent over trying to look between the cobbles I came to a patch that had leaves and ended up staring straight into a big fat copperhead. As you can visual it I flew up and back and totally went around it. Since then I let my stick do the work for me. I always hate hearing the plop in the water a frog makes a totally different noise when it jumps in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back