I'm no animal fan, Except

Parts of the tree must have a pretty good slant. For much of the video it looks like the coyote is more "walking" than "climbing". FWIW, I've never heard of one climbing a tree either.

That’s something you don’t see every day, a coyote in a tree? 🤪 I think the coyote is lucky he didn’t get any closer than he did.
You got that right...! My money is on the bobcat even on the ground. But in a tree it's a sure thing the coyote is in for a butt whuppin. That coyote has more nuggets then brains.

FWIW, I've never heard of one climbing a tree either.
Nobody told him they couldn't.

Many years ago, we had a border collie mix (same size & weight as a coyote) that loved/lived to chase cats. (She wouldn't hurt them; she just wanted to play.) We also had a 30' mulberry tree in the back yard.

One day, a neighbor's cat wandered into the yard, dog took off in pursuit, cat went up mulberry tree, dog went up mulberry tree after cat, cat jumped to neighbor's roof, dog left shaking in tree with bewildered look on face. She was up about 15-20', but found her way down alright.

I guess we forgot to tell her dogs can't climb trees... 😖

YT has many vids of tree-climbing dogs (with varying degrees of success. 🙄)

My philosophy on coyotes is if you see one shoot it, the only good coyotes is a dead one.
The Bobcat would whip a coyote but there like 10 coyotes to one bobcat kind of like those other animals.

That's too bad. We've got coyotes here; we hear them on summer nights, singing the song of their people. They can get the neighborhood dogs going pretty good (rovalert!)

I understand they're a problem in some areas; a menace to domestic pets, and they're adapting too easily/well to encroaching civilization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back