Illinois park hunt 5-10-2023

DetectorGuy73

Sep 18, 2022
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Minelab 540 and Nokta Pinpointer.
20230513_142406.jpg

5-10-2023 @ Illinois park with Nokta Legend stock coil. Starting to dial in the the machine with coins. Very humid here right now so was A short hunt. Happy detecting!

Upvote 17
really in illinois ? didju have to get a permit ? theres only 1 that i go to and i got a permit for years. dont know if they'll give them out anymore ? but ? and they dont allow shovels. only screwdrivers or pocket knives. state parks are tough. must not have been a state park you went to ?

its extremely difficult to find a park that hasnt been detected already. plenty of parks i've been to sometimes the old geezers would come by and share stories like ? oh we used to do to that park and fill our pockets with merc dimes and silver quarters. and then they ask if i found any silver > (ouch) ! nuthin like rubbing salt in your wounds. its fun when you can do that to somebody else. but i've been surprised sometimes myself. sometimes that somebody missed a spot. and it makes your day. just keep tryin as long as you have the energy. if you want to find gold you have to dig all the pull tabs and pop tops. there is gold to be found. and it helps if you have a good luck charm ? or even god likes you. peace out !

Nice finds. There are still some good finds to be made. I have been metal detecting in Illinois parks for 10 years. Research and persistence will pay off if you keep at it

its extremely difficult to find a park that hasnt been detected already. plenty of parks i've been to sometimes the old geezers would come by and share stories like ? oh we used to do to that park and fill our pockets with merc dimes and silver quarters. and then they ask if i found any silver > (ouch) ! nuthin like rubbing salt in your wounds. its fun when you can do that to somebody else. but i've been surprised sometimes myself. sometimes that somebody missed a spot. and it makes your day. just keep tryin as long as you have the energy. if you want to find gold you have to dig all the pull tabs and pop tops. there is gold to be found. and it helps if you have a good luck charm ? or even god likes you. peace out !

Very few take the time to dig low and mid tones. I found 2 gold coins at a park that’s been pounded over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back