I’ll put it in the bottom section but I did just find it In my large coffee containe

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
( I don’t know what I said in the title section but this was found two months ago and I put it in my may be something Coffee container and I haven’t looked in 2 months so I was just looking and feeling kind of down on myself until I saw this) Hey guys I’ve been pretty fortunate working a fort in Louisiana that in late 1600s early 1700s the French built their fort shortly after then the Spanish took over and built a bigger fort. Now this Fort is alongside a bayou and I metal detected over the bayou because I thought if I was A young kid stationed there with nothing to do I want to fire the cannon a monks other things which paid off for me because I did find a French 8 pound cannonball which is very rare some large grape shot some small grape shot and I even found a pristine 1809 eight reales that I got a banner for. It was a very hard place to madly tact because you had to break through white shells red brick oyster shells and I just happen to have the best shovel that would break through. So now I went looking through my junk that I usually will put in a Folgers coffee bucket and I just went looking through my smalls for really nothing in particular and I ran across this just let me know is in my eyes or does this look like a script I like the one I found at the fort you tell me. View attachment 1865567

Now that is the French “I” infantry coat button I found with nothing in the circle and then I looked at this thingView attachment 1865570
View attachment 1865571
Or my eyes playing tricks on me?

It is it is I cannot believe this I just looked at it I took my nose grease lightly put it on there looked under a microscope and it was an “I” that I couldn’t see. yes!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 6
Always have a maybe Section because sometimes you never know What you may have on the field. I already had it with some Elmers glue and water mixed it is so weird to find something so special that you already had and didn’t even know it and still didn’t even know it until you used your nose grease and then it sort of pops right now h I already had it with some Elmers glue and water mixed it is so weird to find something so special that you already had and didn’t even know it and still didn’t even know it until you used your nose grease and then it sort of pops you right in the face. Thank you lord for me having a “maybe” jump pile [emoji1317]

Last edited:
Those are American War of 1812 period Infantry buttons. The French never used that type of device on their buttons, but they are nice finds.

Those are American War of 1812 period Infantry buttons. The French never used that type of device on their buttons, but they are nice finds. The "star" at the bottom of the "I" indicates no specific regiment of infantry.

Smoking I swear it didn’t look like anything on the field but it was good enough to put in the maybe section which bills up and I just happened to look through some things I pulled that out put it under the microscope I didn’t see much I use some nose grease wiped it on there looked at it and almost blew my mind. I already watered an Elmers glue and I’m a put it right next to my other script I that I found at the same place a year ago. You know I always appreciate your comments Smokey you’re the queen of metal detecting

War of 1812 button. Manufactured 1813-1814.

aj

War of 1812 button. Manufactured 1813-1814.

aj

ajaj You’re my kind a guy I appreciate you commenting on this is total surprise to me it’s very rare that you find something very rare and you haven’t even detected that day

Hi Truth , I had to grab my wifes glasses because your lengthy write up . I do look stupid :notworthy: Nice finds . Finally no more covid and I have some freedom. TP

Last edited:
Hi Truth , I had to grab my wifes glasses because your lengthy write up . I do look stupid :notworthy: Nice finds . Finally no more covid and I have some freedom. TP

Hey tinpan I only wore a mask twice because I went and saw a doctor other than that I never stayed inside and I never put that crap on my hands I like to keep my immune system strong I could drink swamp water and I’m fine. That covid Was blown way out of proportion you were three times likely to catch pneumonia then the Covid. Don’t listen to fake news

Ps I feel great I hope you and yours are safe

Good thing you took another look see. Congratulations on the rediscovery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back