IF...its gold...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will be the first gold that I have found since 1981! Albeit, I did have a 20 year absence from the hobby. I decided to hit local parks' tot lots today, and found this very pretty gold ring with a large red stone and eight small clear stones. The ring is well worn, but I am not seeing any flaking or other metal showing through. It has no markings on the inside. I will have it checked by a local jeweler to find out for sure.

I also found a silver-plated "forever' heart shaped pocket token, a smashed penny token with "Predator World" and a shark on it (Branson, Missouri area,) a Harley Davidson zipper tab, a Levi's large coat button, and a pewter Hybiscus flower shirt button with black thread still on it and marked "1037-24L" on the reverse.

On the way home, my wife and I spotted a fishing rod, reel, and lure on the side of the road. It was a Daiwa rod with a Shakespeare reel, I'll take it! Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all, Sub 8-)

Attachments

• goldring2.JPG
    goldring2.JPG
    842.1 KB · Views: 170
  • goldring1.JPG
    goldring1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
Upvote 8
I wish you luck on the gold ring but it looks like a pretty rough finish. I would lean more toward a recent plated drop in the tot lot but I hope you prove me wrong! Rings are always fun though, they sure get the heart pumping.

By magnifying the pic you can see some flaking up around the red stone, but hey you're back on the right track by finding a ring and the fishing rod and reel were a great bonus.8-)

hope it's gold, but looking at close ups my gut says plated

Hope the ring is the real deal for ya!

By magnifying the pic you can see some flaking up around the red stone, but hey you're back on the right track by finding a ring and the fishing rod and reel were a great bonus.8-)
\\

I believe you are correct, and although a pretty ring, not solid gold. Alas, my quest must continue. Sub 8-)

Mate I hope you bought a lottery ticket too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back