I’d keep looking where you found that

good lord! the closeups CLEARLY show the residual of quartz veins that eroded out of that stone. Only a blind man would ignore that!

good lord! the closeups CLEARLY show the residual of quartz veins that eroded out of that stone. Only a blind man would ignore that!
I already stated the groove is natural, the removal is from the other side

I believe it is a natural stone. I disagree with Dr Gramly. You have every right to your belief & in Dr. Gramly's opinion. One thing I do tend to ask in situations like this is, what would it be used for? I know there are arguments about what a birdstone, cone, or gorgets were used for but they are obviously man-made. What did Dr. Gramly say as to its use? In reality it is just a beat up rock with a crack in it. Man made or not it is basically worthless & not attractive. If your excited about finding it and like it, that's great, I'm happy for you.

Not an artifact, moving to Just Rock forum.
Fred we have been down this road several times already, so called potable art/rocks do NOT belong in this forum, you can post them in the Geofact or Just Rock forum, NOT our Indian artifact forum. There is not a even single sign of being worked by ancient man on your rock.

There is nothing Mother Nature can not do or make.

View attachment 2169856

View attachment 2169855

View attachment 2169857

View attachment 2169859
Yes but those formations only balance on one side this guys balance on 5 sides it must be special. (Tongue in cheek). Dr Gramly is highly respected, I suppose he was kindly telling you to just keep looking and didn’t want to hurt your feelings, which has obviously happened here knowing you’d object to him telling you anything to the contrary. There’s more year’s experience here as a group than Dr. Gramly will ever live, listen to these folks and don’t take offense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back