invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this ID bracelet had the same surname as the property owner, I took to his house immediately. He was beside himself telling me that Bobby was his older brother who passed in 2019. Although both grew up on the property, his brother moved away decades ago - so the owner was grateful for the momento.

Attachments

• Bobby Kay ID bracelet.jpg
    Bobby Kay ID bracelet.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Brother holding ID bracelet.jpg
    Brother holding ID bracelet.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 71
Since this ID bracelet had the same surname as the property owner, I took to his house immediately. He was beside himself telling me that Bobby was his older brother who passed in 2019. Although both grew up on the property, his brother moved away decades ago - so the owner was grateful for the momento.
GREAT FIND :) I am so PROUD of you :) NICE JOB BUDDY finding a relative. I bet his brother had tears when you gave it to him :))

Did he CHOKE UP ?
Moments like this you need pictures or videos :)

GREAT FIND :) I am so PROUD of you :) NICE JOB BUDDY finding a relative. I bet his brother had tears when you gave it to him :))
Gare, thanks for the kudos! While the property owner managed not to cry, his 60 something year old daughter did.

Any more i try and capture these happy moments :) Then in years to come you can look back and be HAPPY AGAIN on why we detect :)

some times i try to keep what i find and give back to them unknown to them and i film it ;)

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘

That's so wonderful! It had to be like reaching out and touching his brother who had moved away years ago and then passed 5 years ago. Makes me want to cry! Good job!! ☺️

Well done on the recovery/return/and the Honorable Mention

some times i try to keep what i find and give back to them unknown to them and i film it ;)
Gare, honestly when I first dug it I ran to the house so quick, I didn't even think to get a pic. When I finished for the day I stopped at the house again to show him and his daughter the rest of the finds, which is when I managed to get the pic. I think it hit him harder the second time than the first.

I'm thinking about offering to his daughter to put the ID bracelet and some pics of her dad & his brother in a display case (like the one I did for my ancestor below) - so she could give it to her dad as a gift. That way, it will likely be displayed prominently instead of put in a drawer or worse misplaced...

Attachments

• Nathaniel Washburn display case with lid open.jpg
    Nathaniel Washburn display case with lid open.jpg
    897.3 KB · Views: 7
That's so wonderful! It had to be like reaching out and touching his brother who had moved away years ago and then passed 5 years ago. Makes me want to cry! Good job!! ☺️
Whynotme, please don't cry. Just setting the example for my grandkids when I tell them to do the right thing even when I'm not looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back