I thought the gun was the find today but I found a medal!

B

Bev

I thought my little Carnell cap gun was the find of the day but when I rinsed off what I thought was a piece of metal--LOOK what I found!!! Im looking for something on it but havent found anything yet!!!! I can't read the back either except for "New York" and two small trademarks!!!!! OMG OMG!!!!! The front says, "RISE TO FIGHT"

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,534
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,516
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,540
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,551
Upvote 0
Looks like a unit pin to me. Worn on the shoulders of a dress uniform. Maybe Air Force? It's a nice find. Also: Happy veterans day to all of those here who have served! :icon_salut:

I can't find a thing that references the quote, "RISE TO FIGHT" but it's so cool!! Air Force?? What a thing to find TODAY!

I think it is the Distinctive Unit Insignia for the 751 ANTI AIRCRAFT ARTILLERY MSL BN. Rise to fight was their motto

Doolittle! You're the best!!!

How do I find out more about them? I'm in Rhode Island...I'd love to know more!

Don't know anything about it but i like it, very cool find. HH

Nice Find,Congrats !!!!! :icon_thumright:

Re: I thought the gun was the find today but found a pin with info!

Ok, it's from the Nike base in my home town of Coventry Rhode Island:

HHB, 751st AAA Missile BN (Nike)(Continental)
Sep 1956-Oct 1958

Here is the site that gave me the information. I couldnt have found it without your leads!

http://wikimapia.org/17795334/PR-69-Nike-Launch-site

Nice day to find it!

A cool find.

The fact that your so obviously happy about your find is the best part, and that's really all that matters. Congrats.

Very Cool to have found the item and the info :hello2:
I thought that image looked like a Nike missile.
Great Stuff :thumbsup:

Really good find! Especially good on the research! Keep em coming :icon_thumleft:

yup..you definitely caught the bug :tongue3: maybe someone from RI will take you out to one of their cellar holes?? johnnyblaze??

Neat find! :icon_thumleft: WTG

I've learned to always rinse off my finds before throwing anything way....sometimes what looks like junk isn't. :thumbsup:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back