I think it was used by indians, and if not it should have been!

CoolFrayers

Oct 24, 2006
Bloomsburg, Pa
I found this in 2006 after the floods in Pennsylvania. We lived on a small creek which fed into a large river, and after the flood we found various indian artifacts, but this one was *unsolved* The flood made our little creek go from 3 feet deep and 30 yards wide to over 20 feet deep and couple of miles wide; needless to say it stirred up some interesting finds.
This is approximatly 10 inches long, and 3"-4" across. The part that looks like it would be used for digging has wear, and the rest does not. If it is not indian, it is one of the best natural trowels/hoe that I have ever seen. Thoughts?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

perhaps a matate...used for grinding acorns etc.a smooth rock would be other half of tool.my best guess

Upvote 0
763732d1363989652-i-think-used-indians-if-not-should-have-been-4.jpg

Hey Cool,

Chicago Black Sox, 1919. 8-) Sorry. It's looking different in each photo to me. Maybe natural light would show it off better.

1919_blacksox.jpg

Upvote 0
The wear only on the tip is most likely from that being the only part sticking out of the creek bank. I could see many possible uses, but I don't believe they could've shaped it that way. If they found it, they used it.

Upvote 0
I'm still trying to figure out what the jackrabbit Jones a baseball team from the early 1900s has to do with a water worn rock....

Upvote 0
I think that is his way of saying "foul". The 1919 Chicago White Sox were the end of innocence for professional baseball.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back