I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

I HAVE TRIED TO POST THIS 5 TIMES NOW AND ITS MAKING ME START OVER FROM SCRATCH EACH TIME IT FAILS !!!!

I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED THIS IS THE LAST TRY!!!

I SEARCHED OLD AND NEW PARKS I SEARCHED MODERN SCHOOLS AND OLD SCHOOL HOUSES. I FOUND ALL KINDS OF TRASH THEN I FOUND SOME MORE TRASH!! I FOUND SOME CLAD AND I FOUND I FOUND WHAT I THINK IS A LEAD WEIGHT. OTHERS DON'T AGREE. I FOUND SOME HOT ROCKS THAT ARE NOT COAL. I FOUND SOME OLD PULL TABS AND SOME STEEL PINS AND OTHER TRASH ITEMS.

SORRY I DON'T HAVE BETTER FINDS FOR EVERYONE OR A BETTER STORY. THE STORY HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE EACH TIME I HAVE TO REWRITE THE #*#*#^@@!! THING!!!

ANYWAY HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 797
  • 3weeks 008.jpg
    3weeks 008.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 832
  • 3weeks 015.jpg
    3weeks 015.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 826
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0
Re: I $#$^%@!! SEARCHED AND #*$#@*&!!! SEARCHED !!!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Oh and to KalamazooHunter you said a 1932 quarter that is silver is it not? You got those back in change WOW your lucky! I find 1965 Q's in change no pre 64's. Yes I am talking about Orbs and or Ghosts LOL I watched that show too.

HH!!

Well, 1932 Q is Silver, but that was found in pocket change! I haven't found anything old digging yet but maybe one day! My 1895 Penny was given back in change from a grocery store! If I were the cashier I would go though my change a lot better and bring a pocket full of recent change to exchange for anything old!!
Ghost Hunters cracks me up. Those guys - "It's an Orb" "NO It's just dust" "OK, There is an ORb!!!" No, Dust!!!"
Tara

Am I right in assuming that the money and trash is all you've found in all the times you've been hunting or is it all this was found on one hunt?If you've never found any silver or other old coins the entire time you;ve been hunting,then I can understand your discouragement!!If this is true then maybe you need to hunt with someone who has had success in finding old stuff.I feel that either your detector is not that great(I hear a lot of good things about the ace 250,but I don't see a lot of old deep coins posted by their owner),I also feel that you need help in understanding the signals you are getting,maybe help with adjustments on your detector.My appoligee to ace 250 owners and please feel free to correct me on this.

MUD. YOU DID OK NICE PILE OF CLAD .THE OLD COINS WILL START COMING.
SO WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT GIVE UP.YES ITS TURE THE MORE YOU PRACTICE THE BETTER YOU WILL BECOME. KEEP POSTING. BUD.

Again these finds are from a week or two of hunting. I use a Bounty Hunter the most common signals I dig are PT's and quarters sometimes I dig the 1c 10c hits. I have found one 1911 wheat, 1865 two cent, and a 1940-50's bank token on other hunts.

KalamazooHunter said:

Ghost Hunters cracks me up. Those guys - "It's an Orb" "NO It's just dust" "OK, There is an ORb!!!" No, Dust!!!"
Tara

LOL They are funny, I think they are picking up real ghosts...Well maybe dust.

Thanks again everyone and HH!!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 484
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 475

No - There is this one guy one the show that insists everything is an orb and then the head guy always debunks it saying it's just dust. I have no idea what it is but the show is interesting to watch!!

You're lucky with your 2 weeks of finds.
For my past two weeks I have had only a few pennies and other clad. Yesterday went out to a local watering hole and only found 1 quarter, 2 N, 4 Pennies for an hour & 1/2s work out in the hot sun! Talk about discouraging.

Thanks again all for looking and your kind posts.

KalamazooHunter your finds will get better you will learn not to dig the pennies. I learned that most penny hits are just pennies. Unless I am hunting an older site. So I skip a lot of penny hits and I focous on PT's and quarters.

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 408
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 410

;) mud u have made my date and theres only 30 minutes left - i tried posting a pic for 1.5 hrs last night and tonight for 1/2 hr - everytime i posted the damn thing went haywire and knocked treasurenet.com off my screen ! - So thanks - because missory(sp) loves company - and after awhile it wasnt about posting my keys it was all about posting a pic no matter if it was a gold ring or a pc of an old pabst 7 oz beer can -
what is the definition of insanity ? doing something over and over again - such as posting a pic or topic..... Thanks LBP going to bed now -

Dont give up mud,you keep diggin those pulltabs at the parks and you ARE going to post jewelry soon.All of the trash you post is good to let newbies see that everbody digs trash TOO !Your posts are fine ,i look forward to reading/seeing your posts mud because i know something good is just around the corner.

metal detecting is kind of like fishing. when you catch a fish, thats great.......but the real beauty in in doing it. yeah finding stuff is a big thrill, but the real enjoyment is in the hunt. if you look at it that way there is a lot less dissapointment and it becomes a lot more enjoyable. swinging a coil beats the hell out of working whether you find the good stuff or not!!

root said:
"Great Expectations Can Bring Great Disappointment" I don't go out with any expectations MUD. I just go out to get away from it all and have fun. If I find something great.if I don't no big deal. It's the journey,not the destination.....

das root

Similar philosophy here. I go out to get away from things, get some exercise and get some fresh air. I live in a house with smokers (no offense intended to smokers).

Through my detecting, I have started to assemble a few separate collections. First is the detecting finds themselves. By keeping the better more significant items, they are a collectable in themselves. Whether valuable or not, they are interesting so I enjoy them. The stuff I keep either has an interesting appearance, like the concrete core with the exposed cut aggregate and rebar, or the boat drain plug which I didn't know what it was till someone here told me what it was. Then there are the toys and other items like zipper pulls that spark visions of the children playing on the playground. Each zipper pull seems to be different and unique. (don't have any pictures of the pulls yet. Only have about 4 of them)

050525-Elder-MysteryItem2-640.jpg

GilsonConcrete.jpg

050711-DiecastCars-640.jpg

Then there are the old (1 Buffalo and 5 Wheaties so far) or other special coins like a couple foriegn coins I have found so far. I have this Deutsche Mark and a French 5 Centimes coin that I have found in the last week.

050715-MaplePk-1DtchMrk-640.jpg

And there are other things that I know I will find every time out. I know I will find a buck or two in clad or modern coins and some bottle caps, when I am on the beach. Schools don't look kindly to people drinking beer on the playgrounds so I don't expect to add to that collection when checking the play lots.

050714-NGilson-640.jpg

Then, being into photography, I like to take pictures of my finds. To document the days finds and some of the possible history of the area that I searched. Was just talking to a friend via IM. I sent a link to another post that I had dione in Today's Finds. He mentioned about the pull tabs. I find it interesting that I find so many of them in less than 2" of sand when they haven't been in use for 20 years. That might say something significant about our environment, the history of the area or might be revealing on where they get the sand from to replenish the beaches. I suspect that they dredge it from out off shore where there might be tons of that sort of stuff. After a evening of treasure hunting, even if I don't find anything good, if I find something, I am happy. I keep all my junk, photograph the days finds and then throw the pure garbage, (ie., Coke Cans, Wire Ties, Foil, pull tabs...) away.

That's a very interesting story wmas1960 and probably true for most. Thank you for taking the time to post it. I like the fact you keep a lot of your finds. I keep all my finds and recycle what I can. I am now going to start keeping Pull Tabs for the Ronaold McDonald House Pull Tab Drive. I too am into photography so I like taking pictures of my finds and posting them. I Never expect to find anything but PT's and Clad. So when I do find something good its a real rush and a shock to me and others! When I don't find anything good it can be disappointing even if I did not expect to find something good.

Thanks and HH!!

Attachments

• Thankyou.jpg
    Thankyou.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Thankyou.jpg
    Thankyou.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 175

MUD it will get better! dont sweat it, I have kind of been aggrevated lately to because I have gone to some places I thought would really produce but NOTHING, last couple of weekends I have been hunting a park where they are putting in a water line? anyhow they have taken 6 to 12" of top soil out about 10 feet wide for probably a few miles but cut up in different areas part of where they took out is right beside part of the old erie canal, didnt find anything but a few nails and enough beer cans to make a john boat!

hey ROOT thanks for the quote, that says it all and not finding anything the past few weeks made me forget that!! THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back