I Never Knew I Had A Fortune............Until Now Contains Gold Coin,1800s Coins

P

PrizmIV

I was at my grandmothers a few days ago (i see her about 3 times a week) and she asked me what was i going to do when i left her house. I said I was going to hopefully go find some old coins with my MD. She goes, "I never told you this and have never really thought of it but your great grandfather (dead) had a coin collection.". "When he died your great grandfather (dead) felt like that collection symbolized your grandfather (he was a history buff and collected old Nazi stuff like that) so he kept vigours adding to the collection until he got to old." My great grandfather never spent a dime nor told anyone how much money he had. Surprisingly when he died he had a large sum. (which we thought he did) Then i asked where are the coins? She goes "You know how he never really told any one of his fortunes or anything he owned?" And i was think o no she doesn't know where it is. I said yes i know she said back i remember where it is. She goes its in a safety deposit box. Then she sits and ponders and goes no, its in THREE safety deposit boxes. So my grandmother has three safety deposit boxes full of old coins.And I'm the sole beneficiary of these coins (only grandson.) This was YEARS ago when the collection started. I imagine the collection started around in the 40s. I don't know of any particular coins or values but i think in the near future I'm going to go pay the bank a little visit. Thought? I would share JONATHAN.? ;D

Upvote 0
Re: I Never Knew I Had A Fortune............Until Now!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!

Im back, and with a suprize!!! Gold coin and 1800s coins will post pic in a min ;D ;D ;D ;D

check this out!!!

Attachments

• gold coin front.jpg
    gold coin front.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 493

MAN THAT IS ONE NICE GOLD COIN :) :) :) GRATS

nice coin looks to be in exc. cond. 8)
the gumwrapper file looks good too ;D

Here are some more :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D They are in much better condition, camera terriable.

Attachments

• 1921 dollar reverse.jpg
    1921 dollar reverse.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 1921 dollar front.jpg
    1921 dollar front.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 445
  • peace dollar reverse.jpg
    peace dollar reverse.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 499
  • peace dollar front.jpg
    peace dollar front.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 449
  • Half Penny Reverse.jpg
    Half Penny Reverse.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 457
  • Half Penny  Front.jpg
    Half Penny Front.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 473

Here are some more!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o

Attachments

• 000_0157.JPG
    000_0157.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 500
  • 000_0174.JPG
    000_0174.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 506
  • 000_0167.JPG
    000_0167.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 000_0166.JPG
    000_0166.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 1853 1cent reverse.jpg
    1853 1cent reverse.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 1853 1cent front.jpg
    1853 1cent front.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 419
Re: I Never Knew I Had A Fortune............Until Now!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!Pictures

Anybody know what coin this is?!?!?! 1837 Looks like a one cent but not sure

Attachments

• unknown 1827.jpg
    unknown 1827.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 394
  • reverse of unknown 1837.jpg
    reverse of unknown 1837.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 392
Looked at the 1837 but there is not enough detail in the photo to make a determination. Can you get a larger detailed photo?

I hope you were wearing depends when you opened it!! I would have needed them!! Great stuff!! Show us more.

absolutly awesome! congratulations! that gold coin is spectacular!!

Re: I Never Knew I Had A Fortune............Until Now Contains Gold Coin,1800s C

Pictures! Priz Pictures! we need to see that 1837 coin! that could be REALLY valuable! log back on a take lots o pics!

That 1852 penny looks like the ones used by the "copper heads" around the time of the war between
the states. Looks like yours is in great shape. Any chance the older folks were members of the KGC? I
have a coin just like it from my Dad's collection.
The Old Prospector
PS, be careful, don't let anyone cheat you out of your fortune. Getting it is less than half the battle;
keeping it is often very difficult.

Re: I Never Knew I Had A Fortune............Until Now Contains Gold Coin,1800s C

Correct, in further examination it is a small IH Dated: 1887

Fantastic!!! Could i listen to your gold coin just once? Pleeease?
Congrats!! HH

Make sure that you have unfettered access to those boxes when Grandma leaves us . You mention DEAD at the bank and they might try to seal them for probate or some other thing . Once the state sees what you have they will appraise and the Govt. just might bring a death tax lien on it . If you are the only heir do yourself a favor . Get it in YOUR name only .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back