I need help identifying a Metal Detector that would fit my purposes.

HuntingNovice

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this site and I hope it will help me learn a bit more about metal detectors I have metal detected before, but my ability was limited because the detector I started out with was a beginners one and so Its functions were extremly limited, It broke apart, and I had to fix it with duct-tape. It wasnt reliable so I sort of phased out of the hobby until I got the possiblity that I might be able to get a new one.

If any of you could point me to some metal detectors that meet this criteria, it would be greatly appreciated:

My price range is around $100-$300, I plan to do some fairly serious metal detecting for relics and coins, but one of my aunts also owns a beach house, so I would like it to be able to find jewelry and such on the beach(I don't plan on going near wet sand if that helps)

Any help is Appreciated! Looking forward to using this site ^_^!

Upvote 0
Most importantly, if you are only going to be doing only fairly serious tectin, you will never do as good as the extremely serious tector dudes, and dudettes. Buy a machine in the 300 range, they all are good. Learn tectin. Upgrade if you are bitten.

If you have a smart phone, I recommend downloading and buying the Craigslist Pro app. With it, you can set up notifications for you searches, this way you see the best deals as they get listed. I just picked up an ace 350 lightly used for $75. College kid that needed some money. He said his folks had given it to him for Xmas and he was never really into it.

Look at the Garrett Ace 150 or 250, they are in that price range.... The budget your setting is on the very bottom of detectors so your realliy limiting yourself. If you can scrpe up about $500-$600 you will be in a whole new ball park...

I just found this site and I hope it will help me learn a bit more about metal detectors I have metal detected before, but my ability was limited because the detector I started out with was a beginners one and so Its functions were extremly limited, It broke apart, and I had to fix it with duct-tape. It wasnt reliable so I sort of phased out of the hobby until I got the possiblity that I might be able to get a new one.

If any of you could point me to some metal detectors that meet this criteria, it would be greatly appreciated:

My price range is around $100-$300, I plan to do some fairly serious metal detecting for relics and coins, but one of my aunts also owns a beach house, so I would like it to be able to find jewelry and such on the beach(I don't plan on going near wet sand if that helps)

Any help is Appreciated! Looking forward to using this site ^_^!

Welcome from White Plains, New York! You can get a FANTASTIC metal detector for $170.00 - a Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water. You'll also need a GOOD sand scoop for the beach ($25 - $75,00), and a good hand digger for the dirt like a Lesche ($45.00) Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back