I love my 250, how does the 1500 compare?

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
I am about to sell my White's MXT as it is missing some of the features that I fell in love with on the ACE 250. So I am in the shopping mode again.

What I missed was an audio tone for diggable items while in Coin & Jewelry mode, notch discrimination and peace and quiet while swinging (the MXT is very chatty). The 250 has all of the above and the MXT does not.

So I am curious as to the advantages of the 1500 over the 250. I am really looking forward to the Imaging (some claim 90% accuracy). Is the depth circuitry the same or better?

I also look forward to the back lighting and the built-in volume control. I have externally added items to get the same functionality on the 250.

I guess I am asking is how scaled down is the 250 from the 1500. I don't think that I need the extra features of the 2500, but it is also an option.

I am ready to buy a new detector in the $600-800 range, any guidance appreciated. My primary hunting arena is parks, school and playgrounds, though I expect to beach comb once or twice a year (salt mode on the 1500 should help here).

Thanks,
Paul

Never mind.

I went and did it.

I now own the 2500 Pro pack, should have it in a few days. I'll post a review after my first outing.

Cheers.

I really like my 2500-- have hunted with other people using other brands. This MD holds it own!! Imaging is such a nice feature- -using My other Detectors, always makes Me ready to get back to the 2500!!
Enjoy & HH

good choice I have the 2500 and an Ace and love them I do admit that the 2500 does take some getting use to expecially with all the extras it has. So I am still on the learning curve with it. Keep me posted on how it goes.

Trescher said:
Never mind.

I went and did it.

I now own the 2500 Pro pack, should have it in a few days. I'll post a review after my first outing.

Cheers.

And I had so much to warn you about ;) ;D

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back