I know what Im gonna have to do all night.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am Gator Boy, bring it on. Same with Sohio and others. All of my 200 postings my blog Archaeology of Portable Rock Art are open for comment. Feel free to discuss the merits of any particular claim or interpretation by me in an intelligent and mature manner. You actually might learn something. This TreasureNet site does a serious disservice to archaeology in many ways, so I look forward to taking you on and representing a more scientific point of view. You are missing out on so called "treasure" because of your ignorance. You can be better informed about portable rock art objects and expand the world of prehistoric cultural objects you might be able to identify in the field. Great example, an exquisite, worked, flint and crystal "lions head" in a recent post received a $1000. offer which the owner declined. Rocks that look like things (mimetoliths) were recognized and collected and curated, and sometimes modified in prehistory. I understand your skepticism but I am a serious amateur archaeologist, have vast contacts in the world of rock art, and am followed by a world-wide audience of hundreds of interested people. Thanks for generating the link to my site.

Ken 30 mins after you join our site you attack a member, that is not a good sign...... Read our rules please, they are enforced.....

I attacked no one. I used the term "ignorance" which describes lack of information, not lack of intelligence. I called no one "ignorant" either, the ad hominin attacks have been against me- my own photo, my avocation status and my blog audience- all of which have nothing to do with artifacts or "treasures"

I attacked no one. I used the term "ignorance" which describes lack of information, not lack of intelligence. I called no one "ignorant" either, the ad hominin attacks have been against me- my own photo, my avocation status and my blog audience- all of which have nothing to do with artifacts or "treasures"[/QUO

So are you, or are you not claiming those rock's are artifacts?

I should of read more, they are suspected to have been altered, ok.

Last edited:
I attacked no one. I used the term "ignorance" which describes lack of information, not lack of intelligence. I called no one "ignorant" either, the ad hominin attacks have been against me- my own photo, my avocation status and my blog audience- all of which have nothing to do with artifacts or "treasures"

You come on here and talk about members ignorance (I know what it means, it can also be used as an insult), and then you attack our website.....

Do not come on our website and attack it again....

Last edited:
Ken sorry about the confusion here, I didn't think that by posting your website that the threads that would follow would include us poking fun at your area of interest, or you yourself. I'm very surprised you caught wind of this post and came here to confront us about it. I didn't look around much on your blog but I did bookmark it to look at later. I find some aspects of this rock art pretty interesting and I personally wouldn't dismiss your blog as hogwash, but you have to understand that your blog being up and available for public viewing is also up for public viewing and comment. Its a free country if someone wants to say that your bird effigy flake is someone looking too hard at it then we are free to comment as such, we are even allowed to say hey that dude looks like hes trippin, while immature and heartless as that may be, you put yourself out there . My original comment on the first post on this thread "I know what Im doing tonight....Looking through my flakes and rocks " I just said that in a very light joking manor I didnt say it out of disbelief of your endeavor, or to make fun of you. I actually wanted to see what folks here thought about your blog. Thats why I posted it. I hope that we can set aside bad first impressions and you can hang around here and enlighten us to some of your discoveries.

I skip one day and I missed this. :icon_scratch:

lol I bet. Zooaphormic collector I am guessing.

Ii guess I can add a little fuel to the fire with these. :laughing7:

The first three pics are proof that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been around for a very long time.

The last pic shows an Eagle facing to the left and a Turtle facing to the right. :headbang:

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 91
I wonder if ken can can verify those for ya steve :dontknow:

That is funny. I knew everyone picked up rocks. Some just feel different sometimes. Mother nature can do some strange things. I got a rock that if you turn it to the right slowly there is about 5 different bear pictures in it and the last view is a coyote howling at the moon. I still got it some place.

Ken sorry about the confusion here, I didn't think that by posting your website that the threads that would follow would include us poking fun at your area of interest, or you yourself. I'm very surprised you caught wind of this post and came here to confront us about it. I didn't look around much on your blog but I did bookmark it to look at later. I find some aspects of this rock art pretty interesting and I personally wouldn't dismiss your blog as hogwash, but you have to understand that your blog being up and available for public viewing is also up for public viewing and comment. Its a free country if someone wants to say that your bird effigy flake is someone looking too hard at it then we are free to comment as such, we are even allowed to say hey that dude looks like hes trippin, while immature and heartless as that may be, you put yourself out there . My original comment on the first post on this thread "I know what Im doing tonight....Looking through my flakes and rocks " I just said that in a very light joking manor I didnt say it out of disbelief of your endeavor, or to make fun of you. I actually wanted to see what folks here thought about your blog. Thats why I posted it. I hope that we can set aside bad first impressions and you can hang around here and enlighten us to some of your discoveries.

Fully agree. You know, maybe I'd hang out here to talk ideas but after going through this and seeing the link to my blog is now actually censored, I see how this site rolls. Pretty lame.

oh well catch ya on the flipside then

you could probably repromote your site though by hanging out and taking part in posting they pulled your url because you stormed in here not because they thought it didnt apply here

Well, SOHIO, did you ever find one? I did, it's a birdstone preform... Love the teenage mutant ninja turtle.:notworthy:

Attachments

• DSC_9360 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_9360 (800x532).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_9363 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_9363 (800x532).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 79
Well, SOHIO, did you ever find one? I did, it's a birdstone preform... Love the teenage mutant ninja turtle.:notworthy:

thats a cool pc viking....no I have not ever found anything I thought resembled anything, effigy wise or in the area of birdstones.

Fully agree. You know, maybe I'd hang out here to talk ideas but after going through this and seeing the link to my blog is now actually censored, I see how this site rolls. Pretty lame.

Ken, you come onto our site and bad mouth TreasureNet and your offended because the link to your web site is removed? The only people we allow to advertize there websites are supporting vendors and charter members.

FYI, you say your followed by a world-wide audience of hundreds of interested people, we average 25,000 visits a day...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back