cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in an area where I've been finding old coins, so, I thought I'd at least ask about it. It's 19mm in diameter and appears to be brass. It has an anchor on it, but, I don't see anything else (Navy?). I hesitate to clean it as the metal is very thing and brittle. It looks like it probably had a steel back on it at one time. I'd like to know age and use info if possible. Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_1434.jpg
    100_1434.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 83
I would say your button is a blazer (or fashion) button. There was such a button used by both the US and British navy, but the bottom of the anchor doesn't match up and if by tin back you mean rusted, than for sure you have a fashion button.

Upvote 0
Cuda ... You might have noticed and more probably not...
I never comment on buttons...

I have a button phobia...

Had a dream once that I had to use the bathroom really bad...
And in this dream my fly had tons of buttons on it...
And before I could un button them all...
more buttons would appear.

Too bad it was number 2. :P

But the real reason is... I know very little about em...
Never got "into" studying them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would say your button is a blazer (or fashion) button. There was such a button used by both the US and British navy, but the bottom of the anchor doesn't match up and if by tin back you mean rusted, than for sure you have a fashion button.
Yeah, the back is completely corroded away, so, not sure what type of metal it was.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back