I have no idea

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
A snap? I really have no clue. found on a site that has produced everything from British coppers to wheat pennies.

thingr.png

thingo.png

Thanks,
Kevo

Looks like some kind of garter snap or something. I can read "BRIGHT' on one side what does it say opposite that,all I can make out is "HIS"? Try a pencil rubbing if you can't read it.

Upvote 0
A maker's-mark is often a key clue for figuring out an item's ID. Please tell us what the marking on your mystery-item says. I can see the word "BRIGHT" on it but not much else.

Upvote 0
I think it is half of an old raincoat or rainboot clasp.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Looks like a snap off a garter belt. But you younger folks wouldn't remember this one. Monty

Upvote 0
Monty said:
Looks like a snap off a garter belt. But you younger folks wouldn't remember this one. Monty

Yeppers, BRIGHT made garters for women and men's socks. And, yes, Monty I do remember them. :laughing7: Breezie

Upvote 0
It also looks like it could be a buttonhole badge or medal. The part with the slots may have had a ribbon affixed. The "BRIGHT" part may have been part of what the award was for.

-Nancy

Upvote 0
C'mon Breezie, you are way too young to remember nylons and garter belts! M :wink: nty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back