Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this with my other finds in "Today's finds" here is the "whatsit" that I found. I have an idea what it might be but I'm not an expert in the area so I'll let the real geniuses tell me.

Whatsit parts.jpgWhatsit 1.jpgWhatsit 2.jpgWhatsit 3.jpgWhatsit 4.jpgWhatsit 5.jpgWhatsit 6.jpg

It looks like wood stove parts. The long piece looks like a shaker grate in a cook stove, slightly decomposed.

Upvote 0
Makes me think of part of a hydraulic brake master cylinder?I think it's beyond use though.:laughing7:

Upvote 0
reminds me of this type of doorstop. the house I grew up in was built in 1909 and had these at the base of several doors. spring loaded inside, you positioned the door and stepped on the plunger. the catch worked like the ones on modern storm door gas cylinders
doorstop.jpg

Upvote 0
I was gonna say seabed core sampler

Upvote 0
reminds me of this type of doorstop. the house I grew up in was built in 1909 and had these at the base of several doors. spring loaded inside, you positioned the door and stepped on the plunger. the catch worked like the ones on modern storm door gas cylinders
View attachment 1370432

1909 would be in the right time period for the area, this area was near a tuberculosis hospice. (Known for it's gambling, drinking and...um...lewd parties (family friendly description). I'll be heading back there a few more times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back