I Found Your Dads Tootsie Toy, Silver #23, and Other Goodies

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Found Your Dad's Tootsie Toy, Silver #23, and Other Goodies

I still have a few old permissions to recycle since I upgraded to the F75 :metaldetector: and added the 15 x 12 coil. I went to the 1st permission I ever got. Spent 3 hours and dug many goodies. :3coins:

Notables:

1953 Quarter
6 Wheats (1914, 20, 27, 42, 44-D, & 50) The 1950 was laying on the 1953 quarter.
A cool token "F.R. 25 cent Good For One Meal" anyone know anout this token?
Brass chain (maybe a fashionable dog collar?)
A nice little bell
The elusive "Henny Penny" I can check that one off the ole bucket list :tongue3:
An old vintage tootsie toy
a toy bullet?
and my 2nd drape/hem weight.

Too bad my 4 day holiday is coming to an end. :BangHead: Back to work tomorrow. :censored:

Thanks for reading, and as always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil today.

20150706_155339.jpg

Henny Penny - Token - 1953 Quarter
20150706_155438.jpg

Upvote 13
You had a great weekend Bud, Friday is coming!!

Loco... Looks like a super great hunt... how are you liking the new coil? :)
Gary from Oregon

You had a great weekend Bud, Friday is coming!!

You know it, the weekend is only 4 days away... Feel like a kid and Christmas is 4 days away...

Gary from Oregon

I love the coil. It covers a lot of ground and beeps on tiny deep targets. I still use my homemade harness though. I think it's one of the best birthday presents my wife ever bought me. I guess I'll keep her...

Gary from Oregon

I love the coil. It covers a lot of ground and beeps on tiny deep targets. I still use my homemade harness though. I think it's one of the best birthday presents my wife ever bought me. I guess I'll keep her...

I really like finding Tootsies. Haven't gotten one in quite awhile now.

I really like finding Tootsies. Haven't gotten one in quite awhile now.

I'd imagine that the tootsie I dug today might have been one that you played with OD

Nice goodies from an old site made fresh with a new coil

HA! Thats the same play money we have been finding in the old army housing tracks!! I have never seen it until hunting there. The sure come up good!! Looks like your spot is going to keep producing! :thumbsup:

Good job! Those darned play coins look like 1/2 reals or trimes when unearthed and dirty and always make me think I've found something good :laughing7:

nice job on all them goods!, I like the token a lot, and the tootsie is a great find too

It's a bit ironic but I think Old Dude is younger than you and me :laughing7: and I don't consider myself to be that old :dontknow::hello:

I'd imagine that the tootsie I dug today might have been one that you played with OD

Nice hunt assortment of finds.:thumbsup:
You are killing the silvers man.
Just a wild guess, but since the token says, "For One Meal", could the F.R. = FOOD RATION.
Possible wartime food ration token.
Possible lead to start your search.

I don't think food was rationed in this country during the war.

Nice hunt assortment of finds.:thumbsup:
You are killing the silvers man.
Just a wild guess, but since the token says, "For One Meal", could the F.R. = FOOD RATION.
Possible wartime food ration token.
Possible lead to start your search.

Good job! Those darned play coins look like 1/2 reals or trimes when unearthed and dirty and always make me think I've found something good :laughing7:

I never think that they're either of the coins you mentioned, being that I am in Ohio. They do appear to be a small silver coin until you really look at it. I have found 3 different play dimes and a play quarter, I'm Rich in the play world!!!

I don't think food was rationed in this country during the war.
Maybe meals weren't, but im pretty sure some some foods were.
Maybe it was from a farm or something else.
I was initially thinking of the Red and Blue OPA Food Ration Tokens you see commonly on ebay.
Per Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Price_Administration
President Franklin D. Roosevelt revived the Advisory Commission to World War I Council on National Defense on May 29, 1940, to include Price Stabilization and Consumer Protection Divisions. Both divisions merged to become the Office of Price Administration and Civilian Supply (OPACS) within the Office for Emergency Management by Executive Order 8734, April 11, 1941. Civil supply functions were transferred to the Office of Production Management.[SUP][2][/SUP]
It became an independent agency under the Emergency Price Control Act, January 30, 1942. The OPA had the power to place ceilings on all prices except agricultural commodities, and to ration scarce supplies of other items, including tires, automobiles, shoes, nylon, sugar, gasoline, fuel oil, coffee, meats and processed foods. At the peak, almost 90% of retail food prices were frozen. It could also authorize subsidies for production of some of those commodities

I plan on asking someone at the museum in town. Maybe it's as simple as F.R. = Frank's Restaurant

The property has been in the town limits since the 1870's at least. The duplex that is on the property was built in 1900.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back