I found this the other day ... He was eating me !!

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
I 've been detecting since 1979 and spent many many days in the woods in western NY.I never seen a tick, heard about them but I never worried about them. Guys these things are running rapped in my area. This is the 3rd tick I had on me in a year. The first one I found on my side went to Well Now to have the head removed. This thing found a nice comfortable place to have his dinner. They remove the body parts and gave me some pills to take for 2 weeks.
Tick number two was in my right side. I know about ticks because I had one once before this is my second tick in 2 months. I came home took a shower no ticks ..... Great .. Went back outside with my hoodie on, so this 2nd guy must of waited for me in my hoodie to take advantage of my sweet taste. He spent the night eating me until I took a shower in the morning and that was when I found him once again on my side. Took and heated up a pin he moved a little but I had the nurse at Well Now take him out once again in pieces. (Not Good) .. They dug him out and gave me one Pill that was very very large, a monster pill. Now I know they will hide in your cloths and come out when you least aspect it.
Well this last one.. I went in the woods for 10 minutes to look for a foundation. ( I know about ticks) In the woods I was thinking about ticks.... Get back in car its 1 PM and found this guy eating me at 8 PM. I never checked (Air Head) ... I heated up a pin when I found him in my inner thigh. I burned myself trying to get this guy out. HE did back out and I saved him in a little bag and went back in the morning to Well Now. They looked at where he was eating for 8 hours, they looked at the tick and they gave my 2 pills this time and was told to watch for infection. They burned the tick, and they did not do any analysis for Lyme Disease on the tick.
What I learned.... Bug Repellent but the best is Peppermint Spray they hate it.. You can buy at the pharmacy or you can buy it in the pet department and save $10.00. They use this spray on your pets and it keeps the ticks at bay......If you have one on you DONT squeeze it or twist it. You will break the head off and push the poison into your body. Get the peppermint oil spray on the bugger and he will back out. SEEK MEDICIAL ATTENTION and get the antibiotics it is well worth it..... Now place all your clothes into the dryer when you get home Not the Washer the heat will kill the ticks so I am told. Take a shower and check for ticks. Tick number 4 ..was really my first tick..... He was on my arm after I took a shower, I got into my truck, and he came off my hoodie I left in my truck.. Folks, please seek your own medical professional for information and be careful.
Please take these little guys serious, they can change your life in a bad way.............................. Jim

Attachments

• 20231029_223433 (1).jpg
    20231029_223433 (1).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 13
I 've been detecting since 1979 and spent many many days in the woods in western NY.I never seen a tick, heard about them but I never worried about them. Guys these things are running rapped in my area. This is the 3rd tick I had on me in a year. The first one I found on my side went to Well Now to have the head removed. This thing found a nice comfortable place to have his dinner. They remove the body parts and gave me some pills to take for 2 weeks.
Tick number two was in my right side. I know about ticks because I had one once before this is my second tick in 2 months. I came home took a shower no ticks ..... Great .. Went back outside with my hoodie on, so this 2nd guy must of waited for me in my hoodie to take advantage of my sweet taste. He spent the night eating me until I took a shower in the morning and that was when I found him once again on my side. Took and heated up a pin he moved a little but I had the nurse at Well Now take him out once again in pieces. (Not Good) .. They dug him out and gave me one Pill that was very very large, a monster pill. Now I know they will hide in your cloths and come out when you least aspect it.
Well this last one.. I went in the woods for 10 minutes to look for a foundation. ( I know about ticks) In the woods I was thinking about ticks.... Get back in car its 1 PM and found this guy eating me at 8 PM. I never checked (Air Head) ... I heated up a pin when I found him in my inner thigh. I burned myself trying to get this guy out. HE did back out and I saved him in a little bag and went back in the morning to Well Now. They looked at where he was eating for 8 hours, they looked at the tick and they gave my 2 pills this time and was told to watch for infection. They burned the tick, and they did not do any analysis for Lyme Disease on the tick.
What I learned.... Bug Repellent but the best is Peppermint Spray they hate it.. You can buy at the pharmacy or you can buy it in the pet department and save $10.00. They use this spray on your pets and it keeps the ticks at bay......If you have one on you DONT squeeze it or twist it. You will break the head off and push the poison into your body. Get the peppermint oil spray on the bugger and he will back out. SEEK MEDICIAL ATTENTION and get the antibiotics it is well worth it..... Now place all your clothes into the dryer when you get home Not the Washer the heat will kill the ticks so I am told. Take a shower and check for ticks. Tick number 4 ..was really my first tick..... He was on my arm after I took a shower, I got into my truck, and he came off my hoodie I left in my truck.. Folks, please seek your own medical professional for information and be careful.
Please take these little guys serious, they can change your life in a bad way.............................. Jim
I know this is kind of off base a little, but I just can’t not share this. In case if anyone ends up bit, and contracts Alpha Gal, there is a proven and effective fix for it. My Wife being allergic to seafood took an avenue given to her from a friend that owns a Pharmacy here.
There’s a treatment called SAAT(Solomon’s Auricular Allergy Treatment) that uses pins in Your ear to break the path of the allergic signal to the brain, keeping any allergic reactions from occurring. Sounds impossible, but My wife can now eat shrimp, being formally highly allergic to shell fish of any kind. Her throat would swell shut before if she came in to contact in any way.
With Alpha Gal and so many other allergy problems, they have almost a 96 percent success rate the first treatment.
Life changing for some is all I can say.

Last edited:
One of the best repellents for ticks, mosquitoes,fleas, etc. is made by Sawyer. Active ingredient Permethrin.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 12
Don't use a pin. Just pull them slow with your fingers. And don't miss a single dose of antibiotics. Lyme can really mess you up. Be careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back