I Found Ben And Ike At The Beerfest

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0419.JPGIMG_0420.JPG One of the towns here in Connecticut puts on an annual celebration consisting of carnival rides, concession stands for food and souvenirs, and at the end of the week caps it off with a night time beer fest. The event is held on the grounds of what was a 1950's era school. The school is no longer in use but the event is still held there every year. Each year after the event is over I hunt the grounds mainly looking for fresh dropped clad coins around where the beer concession was standing. I only had a short time to hunt this morning before heading to work so I was limited to an hour and fifteen minutes of hunt time. I knew where the beer stand had been located and headed right to that area. As expected, I found some fresh dropped clad coins plus some older ones including a 1972 Eisenhower Dollar, my first ever, but the best find of the day was the 1957 Ben Franklin half dollar. Clad finds amounted to $4.93.

Last edited:
Upvote 32
That’s what make this hobby great. You never know what will pop up

Nice haul for such a short hunt. The 57 is real nice. Congrats

Nice haul for such a short hunt. The 57 is real nice. Congrats

Thanks Hawks.....I was happily surprised when it popped out of the ground.

Nice finds! That place should continue to produce!

Nice finds! That place should continue to produce!

Thanks...….I've hunted this field since the 1980's when the school was still being used and go back every year after the festival. It's pretty well cleaned out but new clad and the occasional surprise (like the Franklin) keep me going back.

Nice finds there, love the big silver, congrats!:icon_thumleft:

Those are a couple of nice coins. Congrats on your first Eisenhower, and I like that Benny !

Last edited:
Very nice coin hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Those are some sweet coins hope you celibrated after finding those a toast is in order. Tommy

Those are some sweet coins hope you celibrated after finding those a toast is in order. Tommy
Thanks Tommy......I did a little happy dance when the Franklin popped out of the ground but that was all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back