I found a 1909-s VDB penny while detectind in my front yard.

poppinsilver

Greenie
May 2, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer, Lesche Mini Sampson
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a very rare penny while metal detecting in my front yard yesterday. The house was built in 1901. Unfortunately the penny is in absolutely horrible condition. Still a pretty nice find.

Ebay link if anybody wants it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201913747260?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

penny1.jpgPENNY1234.jpgPENNY123456.jpgSoCBNjs.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 34
Welcome to Tnet!....great find!
Despite its condition, it still has value....
There are MILLIONS of penny collecting books out there, with that space empty....
Hell, mines empty, sssssooooooooo?

Everyone of us would love to find that coin and we search high and low......and there's one in your friggin yard....What are the odds????

Nice find and thanks for sharing.

Be super-sure of the date, etc, THEN get it cleaned by a professional and/or sell it as is.
...WoW! In-your-own-yard?! :icon_thumright:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great find. I'd vote banner on this but I see it's your first post. Congrats again

What an amazing find and a heartbreaker all at the same time. Still worth sending out and getting it certified although it's going to come back as "Genuine but environmental damage"

Welcome to T-Net! What a first post. Just being able to ID the coin is huge, who cares about the grade? Congrats!

I voted banner on this, just because of the awesomeness of finding it!

What an amazing find and a heartbreaker all at the same time. Still worth sending out and getting it certified although it's going to come back as "Genuine but environmental damage"

It really is a heart breaker. If only it was in better condition.

Welcome to T-Net! What a first post. Just being able to ID the coin is huge, who cares about the grade? Congrats!

I voted banner on this, just because of the awesomeness of finding it!

Thank you. I'm new to the forum, what does it mean to vote banner?

Congrats on a perhaps once in a lifetime find. I'd say that your post is the real deal, but still have to hold off on a Banner vote.

Where are you from? That kind of environmental damage looks like you found it in the soil around here!

Congrats on a perhaps once in a lifetime find. I'd say that your post is the real deal, but still have to hold off on a Banner vote.

Where are you from? That kind of environmental damage looks like you found it in the soil around here!

I guess it's good news that my find is so awesome that people are hesitant to believe it. Found in California 20 miles East of San Francisco. It was in a gravel driveway, underneath the gravel, 3 inches down in the rocky dirt.

Awesome congrats. On my bucket list

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the addiction....You know what they say..Where there is one there is more.... I would tear that yard up for the next one. Wow, Nice find.

Regardless of its condition, that's a super rare coin...only 484,000 minted! Congratulations and welcome to T- Net.

Holy crap---super rare find----:occasion14:

so it doesn't look so great, still better than not at all. congrats on the super find:headbang:

Simply amazing find- first one I can recall seeing posted- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

I guess it's good news that my find is so awesome that people are hesitant to believe it. Found in California 20 miles East of San Francisco. It was in a gravel driveway, underneath the gravel, 3 inches down in the rocky dirt.

Make no mistake, we are not hesitant to believe it.

I do think there is a rule for no banners on a first time post.

Really, as a new member, you can't believe the numbers of first time posters, and older posters being banned for illegitimate finds. That happens, everybody wants to be somebody.

I salute your find and completely believe it is legit. Maybe you should have held off posting that - to be more accepted here. We're not buttholes, but we've seen too many questionable finds to to believe everything we see anymore.

No offense at all intended, period. We'd love to see you posting here. It inspires us to get out digging more often. Sometimes we find things which delight us. You've certainly come out the gate with something we all dream of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back