Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm glad someone put this post up. I saw this little guy the other day putting up fence and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind it was. It's was about 1 1/2" long. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

I believe that is a male Nursery Web Spider, very similar to a few types of fishing spiders.

Nursery Web Spider - Image Gallery

Upvote 0
Glad for that,it did look rather nasty!
I think they told me it was most likely the small brown recluse spider. They can hide in your clean clothes or sheets and when I got in bed or put my pants on, I was bitten or maybe when I kneeled in the grass. I had 4 bites.

"Brown Recluse spider bites can be difficult to diagnose, even by physicians. Diagnostic tests to detect Brown Recluse venom in tissue are not readily available. Collection of the spider that bit you is considered the best possible chance for positive identification. This presents a problem because Brown Recluse bites sometimes do not result in any initial pain (43% of cases in one study). Since the bite may not be immediately noticed, collection of the spider isn't seen as a necessity."
from Brown Recluse First Aid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think they told me it was most likely the small brown recluse spider. They can hide in your clean clothes or sheets and when I got in bed or put my pants on, I was bitten or maybe when I kneeled in the grass. I had 4 bites.

from Brown Recluse First Aid.

Who the hell does a case study with one of the deadlier spiders? Ok I am going to do a case study with great whites and lets see how many out of 100 get bit. The logic is shocking

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back