I don't know how to identify these two rocks. I found this about 4 years ago at Cherokee lake in Rogersville, Tennessee. that are fused together.

ALB

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2023
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this crater-covered rock about 4 years ago at a lake in Rogersville, Tennessee. I have been guessing that it could be a meteorite. Attached to it is the milky white piece with ridges and a vein that is a grayish color. I just know I found something extraordinary. I just don't know what and how to find out more about it. I've turned to this forum for some professional opinions.
183.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome,

Could this be coal slag?
Thanks.
No. I don't think it's coal. The white one could possibly be geode. I'm apprehensive to break it open. I guess lightening could have fused them together. The one with craters could be ancient coral? Petrified?

Upvote 0
I found a photo of a meteorite (not certified) on Google lens that looks very much like the piece I have. I know mine is not magnetic.

Upvote 0
I found this crater-covered rock about 4 years ago at a lake in Rogersville, Tennessee. I have been guessing that it could be a meteorite. Attached to it is the milky white piece with ridges and a vein that is a grayish color. I just know I found something extraordinary. I just don't know what and how to find out more about it. I've turned to this forum for some professional opinions.
View attachment 2104727
Welcome to Tnet!!!

Reactions: ALB
Upvote 1
Thread moved to rocks/gems forum, Today's Finds forum is for very recent finds within last couple days.

It looks like Slag from picture posted.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back