I do Like Spiders n Snakes....................

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
.....But only when they are the non-biting kind ::)

Old park keeps giving.
Some kind of mutated spider on this ring. Marked 925.
Spidering.JPG
Part of a snake belt? How old?
Snake.JPG
Spidernsnake.JPG
Couple of hours work. Minus the junkety junk. Still getting old pennies.
take275.JPG

Upvote 0
Wow, that's a weird silver ring. Congratulations!

The spider is a sign of good fortune. :icon_thumleft: Romans used to carry around small gold or silver spiders to attract wealth. :icon_scratch: I've been looking for a nice sterling spider for this reason alone lately. :headbang:

Nice find, I hope it brings you lots of good fortune !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

neat snake :icon_thumleft: nice ring!!!! MR TUFF

Super cool!

I'll be hunting a bunch of parks in a small town this coming weekend.

This ring will guard you against creepy crawlers, John, if you decide to move to Oz ;D.
A month ago I looked into the mirror in the morning and saw a huge mole covering my entire right cheek. Then, to my horror, I realized that it was a tarantula-like spider, huge and hairy. I managed to brush it off. I will switch your snake for a real one. It is probably mid-19th century thing. Beautiful finds :icon_thumright:

I know they used those snake buckles in the civil war. I beleive they were English made and imported.

At a guess...WW1 era for the snake belt clip.

tuatara said:
This ring will guard you against creepy crawlers, John, if you decide to move to Oz ;D.
A month ago I looked into the mirror in the morning and saw a huge mole covering my entire right cheek. Then, to my horror, I realized that it was a tarantula-like spider, huge and hairy. I managed to brush it off. I will switch your snake for a real one. It is probably mid-19th century thing. Beautiful finds :icon_thumright:

I agree :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER said:
tuatara said:

I agree :icon_thumright:

x2!

That ring is cool. the snake is cool too. They used those buckle for years. They were used in the American civil war and into the 1900's so it's hard to date the boogers

Thanks for all your comments and help.
I must say the snake buckle is older than I was thinking, although the park
is the oldest in town and dates to mid 19th century.
Once again....thanks. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back