I did it - I bought a Mojave!

I've been able to get out about a handful of times or so with the new Mojave. I went to a local park yesterday and had so many issues with what I believe was EMI. I lowered the sensitivity, had it set on high ground condition and increased the discrimination, and it would not stop 'chattering'. I turned it off and back on again with no change. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping it was due to EMI and not an issue with the machine itself. I've been to this same location with my other detector, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, and didn't not experience any issues. I know the Mojave operates at a higher frequency so I am assuming that that makes it a heck of a lot more susceptible to EMI? I haven't been out since so I can't say for sure that it was simply due to the area that I was in as there were a few buildings close by as well as power lines. If it was due to EMI is there a way around this or am I going to have to be more selective when it comes to locations when using the Mojave? Thoughts, comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sometimes the time of day makes a difference on EMI. Another thing you can do is wiggle the coil wire at the control box and at the coil itself and see if it causes chatter. This could tell you about a problem spot. Also, I cured a chattering problem with my T2 and also a charging problem with my apple computer by cleaning the cable contacts with a q-tip and deoxit d5. Another electrical contact cleaner might work. As for learning my Mojave, what helped most was putting good and bad stuff on a clean piece of ground and listening to them as i swept the coil over them. I would change positions, close and far, on top of each other, etc. and practiced often. Now to me an aluminum tab says "KaK" while a coin says "gag". Happy hunting and I hope you find a fortune. BTW, what part of Colorado do you live in?

Interesting, I'll have to give that all a try. It's brand new so I can't imagine there would be any issues internally or with components unless I got a bad machine/unit. But, it has only happened once so I might go back to the same place and see if I still have issues with it. If so, I'll try it elsewhere and contact Tesoro if need be. I live and hunt in the Englewood/Littleton area. Thanks for the advice and the feedback, appreciate it.

Take your battery out. Put it back in and fire it up. Also, if you set your discrim just inside the yellow above foil, you'll get nickels and gold. Set your Sensitivity at 4 - 4.5 :skullflag:

Thanks Terry, I'll give that a try. I'm just really hoping that it isn't an issue with the machine itself. It's a pain having to send it out for repairs but do what you gotta do, right!? Thanks for the advice and feedback.

Know the video is older. Hope you found out your clasp identification by now. But if not, it is a Boy Scout neckerchief clasp. It was meant to hold the rolled up neckerchief around the lower part of the neck about where a tie would lie flat on the chest. Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back