I am still alive!

Good deal. Alive beats the alternative!

mountainman20.jpg

Its mighty cooked but I do see a faint design..or at least I think I do...
3B.jpg
7.jpg

These are the things that have me stumped...
5.jpg
6.jpg

Looks like live cannon balls! Don't drop...or bust apart cluster with hammer if u want to go on living!

Last edited:
Black powder is mixed when it's wet...

Ok, but a bomb squad recently blew up a civil war cannon ball! People have been killed with PVC pipe bombs... It don't have to be iron... Clay grenades were even used!

Ok, but a bomb squad recently blew up a civil war cannon ball! People have been killed with PVC pipe bombs... It don't have to be iron... Clay grenades were even used!

lol, they were literally yards away from a revolutionary battle site dated in 1779...and shiny as tinfoil..I have handled many type of live ordinance in my life, they aren't live if they even are ordinance.
sp.jpg

Ok, the round spot looked like the hole for powder and fuse or primer... You proposed it was canister shot! And u being only 80% I thought perhaps you may have missed something... I have handled a lot of ordinance as well, but am not old enough to have handled black powder in more than my muzzle loaders and black powder cartridge guns...nice find!

just found this post was thinking you may have a pinetree shilling with the shape of the design you can make out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back